Good Nationwide Pager

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am in search of the best available nationwide pager out there- my 1 yr contract with Satellink is going to expire, and I didn't care for this system at all. I got a Weblink on a ten day trial, and its nationwide coverage was so bleak I only received one page in the ten days! I cancelled it (along with getting rid of Satellink) and am now shopping again. I looked at the Cue but it looks like the same horrible FM system as Satellink. What do you folks out there suggest I try?
Thanks! Weave

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
cue pager is about the best before i went to a cell phone had acue pager still have it but don't use it, it was the best
on market, anyplace you are able to pick up and rec'd cell
phone cover you are able to use it. also they have various plans
if you are with fedexcc or landstar they have a discount program
if your company doesn't have one they will give you one if you
have the numbers to do it. also you may buy the pager or lease

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi, Weave -- long time, no see! Sure hope all is well with you!

When we got exasperated with our Satellink, we "explored the options," too, but couldn't find any other services that covered the area that Satellink/Cue does. (And i think that Satellink is just a provider of the Cue service, so they are actually one and the same.) For true nationwide pager service, Cue is the only game in town. Sad, but true...

Godspeed to all of you out there on the highways and byways!

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi- I'm still doing pretty good!
Looked all weekend and decided to drop the pager altogether and expand my cell phone coverage. Been using Sprint PCS dual band for about three years and it is very reliable. Bought new smaller PCS phone with wireless web option (makes phone a cellular modem), and I figure this along with dual band plus voicemail should be adequate. Runs about $90. per month for 450 minutes airtime w/ wireless web. That useless satellink was costing me $42 a month for only numeric paging!
--Take care- Weave

The Expediter News

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: Good Nationwide Pager - Not!

Our experience with the pagers was no better. Cell phones do seem more effective. On another matter, please give either Bill or Julie a call at 517-676-8521, M-F, 9am-5pm, EDT or email us at: [email protected]. We'll explain then. Thanks.

iflyfast

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I found what I feel is a excellent nationwide service, including Hawaii & Alaska, at only $167.88 a year ($13.99 a month) It also included a voice mail and fax service. It's called InTouch Virtual Office Solutions.. They are out of Mesa,AZ. Tele: 800-414-5995. I've been using their service for 4 years now with no complaints. Any questions call me at 716-831-0301... Norb

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I had horrible experience with CUE. Coverage was sporadic at best. I switched to Weblink and had much better coverage. When I first switched I kept the CUE active for a while, just to compare. There was no comparison--the Weblink was much better!!

Trucker Matt

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Who needs a pager? AT&T One Rate has better coverage than any paging service we've used. We were using CUE, but we dropped them after going six months without using the pager once.

Christyrose

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We are using AT & T nationwide service at $149.00 a month for 1500 minuets. . The only major problem we have had, is AT & T is holding up our payments, because we did not mail it in THEIR envelope. We have had the usual problems because of the terain, mountains and lack of cell towers.

We are also using Pagemart service for our pager with nationwide service for $35.95 The service we have received has been great. Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions on pager services, that are nationwide that might be lower in cost?

Christyrose

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Landstar Discount Program is 10% off your AT & T bill. After you sign up for it, it takes 3 months to show up on your bill.