Good for Goode!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OK Tallcal, I am going to talk about the ‘off limits subject’ of civil rights.

You said; “Race relations is not a liberal thing.There were just as many Democrates(Dixiecrats))attending and participating in lynching's as there were Republicans. It's not a "liberal"thing.â€

First thing is today’s civil rights movement is a liberal thing because it is a business for many of them. Look around, all the self-proclaimed civil rights leaders seem to be millionaires, have not done much except to make any issue related to racism and all are democrats (and very liberal). The truth is that I (and many others) can’t see an improvement with the so-called problems with civil rights when we have democrats claiming that they are a party for the people, which they are not. Most laws, most gains and most realistic integration have happened under republican administrations. The worst things that have happened were under democratic administrations, primarily Johnson’s and Carter’s administration. Clinton’s administration really wasn’t the best and they in turned weakened some laws to protect minorities when bringing up complaints. I pointed out that under Nixon, the best gains were made by minorities and there are now several good books by Harvard and Yale on his civil rights record.

In addition to this, I feel that the groups within congress are pushing the civil rights movement that Rev. King’s fought for to a point that they have their own Jim Crow laws, I am talking primarily about the black caucus. Just look at the rhetoric that comes from their members and the exclusion of the republican African American house and senate members. When some of them discount what Dr. Rice has achieved and what General Powel and others have done, what else can it be called but exclusion.

But that all aside why bring up lynching? This is another thing that liberals always bring up and liberals seem to forget that lynching also happened in Indiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and in the north east with the worst race related killings happening in New York.

You said; “I'm sure your comments about Obama have not a hint or a trace of color. Just those old demo's promoting women and blacks, what else is new.

THEY MAYBE THE BEST OUR COUNRTY HAS TO OFFER!!!â€

Nope I don’t see Obama as anything except a politician and I question his ability to lead or be effective politician. He really has not done much and I think that he is another JFK except without the years of political experience and a real vicious and bigoted father that will do anything to gain more power. But with that said, I don’t see Democrats promoting anyone except people who are selected by the people with the real money, Soros and others. Maybe they are the best right now who are on the radar screen but someone said to me a long time ago just because they are in the spot light does not mean that they are the best we have to offer.

You Said;â€If 4 more years of bozo is what you want,backed up by another do nothing congress that worked three days a week and stole our money to go on golfing vacations,then vote for your conservative friends.â€

Well first thing is that I don’t like President Bush's take on Invaders and Kelo, which to me are far more important than any other issue. The congress on the other hand has been doing the same thing for a long time, I think since FDR. The funny thing is that the dems complained about it until they got into power and now it is the repubs turn. This has gone on since, well forever and will never change. What I think we need to have is term limits, there is no excuse for a representative be in office for 50 years (dingle) or a senator knowing Lincoln and dying in office at 100. The funny thing is when you get involved with a PAC of a big company, like a pharma company, you find out what is spent and it is very interesting that the dems got the same amount of money and perks as did the repubs in congress – MEANING THAT THEY ARE ALL GUILTY.

You Said; “I think America has woken up from the bad dream named W,and with the loss of the war in Iraq(it's already lost,but W won't accept it)the American people will vote for the best canidate,and it is very doubtful it will be anyone the Republicans will have to offer.He**,you can't tell most of the ranking Republicans from their friends on the other side of the aisle!!â€

Nope I do not agree with you. I think that the people are sick of the negative campaigning, the BS that they hear day and day out and they want some action not inaction. What I mean is that Iraq was not what got the Dems in power, it was local issues that did it for the dems and it was saying (or lying) that they will do this or that – like the BS of minimal wage increase (which most of the public does not have a clue what the negative impact an increase of the minimal wage has).