Global Economy Good For America?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
This site gives some great insight into the "Global Economy".

http://www.economyincrisis.org/index.asp

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Music soothes the savage beast - unless it's polka.

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in the garage makes you a car

You can build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day or you can set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

ACHTUNG!!! Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfuseen und corkenpoppen mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch das blinkenlights

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Good site Lawrence it is very interesting.

It tells you the problems but I did not see any answers on how to prevent these things from happening. It is like a weather forcaster telling us the storm is coming and is going to be huge but when it shows up, if it does, it is not as bad, or worse than expected.

We all purchase foreign goods because of cost , actual or perceived quality, and lack of U.S. manufacturers.

We all want to make a profit in our business, should we or the Gov. tell any one that they can not sell and make the best return on their investment?

Some may say it is in our national interest for the Gov. to regulate these sales. Everyone of us are part of the Gov. What as individuals are we doing to help our domestic industries?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've stopped shopping at WalMart. And it wasn't the stories of foreign sweatshops that did it for me, either - I felt pity for those workers, but not enough to pay more for everyday products. What made me an ex customer is the relentless poor treatment of American workers: low wages, benefits that are unaffordable when offered, pressure from corporate Hq to contain labor costs that has driven managers to alter time cards to cheat employees of overtime, and the destruction of local businesses, along with the jobs & newspapers supported by the small concerns.
WalMart is a convenience I no longer want to support.
In this age of "DBA", how does one know an American owned business anyway?
I worked for an auto dealership that was ostensibly owned by a member of a minority, which qualified it for many tax incentives & breaks, but everyone there knew that the general manager was the real power - the owner was a front. who can we believe, when greed is God?