Glen and Janice Rice Truck Struck by Bullet

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Many EO members remember Expediters Glen and Janice Rice who suffered a horrific accident that destroyed their beautiful truck and took them off the road for a while. They have been back on the road for a few years now, running with a power-only company. The following is from Jan's Facebook page today.

"It is confirmed... A bullet fragment was found after the windshield was removed. How sad is that? The shop notified the police of their findings; they came and took it into evidence. We also turned over the dash cam microchip to the authorities."

In a post earlier today she said,

"Just to clarify; Glen believes our windshield was shattered by gunshot. I'm thinking it was a brick, because saying it was a sniper when it wasn't is not right and even more frightening. That said, the dash cam showed a short, brief light that could have come from a gun. Two cars were parked on the overpass at the time. There was no damage to the hood or anywhere else on the body of the truck as would be expected by a flying object. I'm hoping for a definite, more conclusive answer when we replace the windshield. I don't want to believe a sniper is out there, but if there is, we need to be aware."

They are back on the road this evening, continuing their run. Trucking continues to be one of America's most dangerous professions. This incident took place in or near Rushton, LA.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I heard about this. Just another reminder how dangerous it can be out there. Glad the Rice's are fine.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm glad they're ok too. I've been hit with buckshot on the windshield, but it was some yahoo in western New York hunting too close to the highway. Hope they catch them!

guido4475

Not a Member
They had that Volvo that got hit in the drivers side in Florida, bursting into flames, right?. If this was them, I remember almost to the point of tears seeing those pictures after it happened. That was a very beautiful truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using EO Forums mobile app

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They had that Volvo that got hit in the drivers side in Florida, bursting into flames, right?. If this was them, I remember almost to the point of tears seeing those pictures after it happened. That was a very beautiful truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using EO Forums mobile app

Yep that's them, They're driving a tricked out Kenworth Tractor now.

King of short runs.