Glass or no glass?

poondog

Active Expediter
I'm looking at a couple of used E-350 vans, and I have a choice of an extended van with glass windows, which used to be a passanger van but has had the seats removed, or a regular length van that only has windows in the side and rear doors.

Is there any reason to rule one or the other out because of the glass?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
SOME (not all) carriers won't sign on Window Vans..check with the carriers you are looking lease to...Always get as long a van as you can....

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The frustrating part is that although a cargo van is the better choice, the window vans are usually much better optioned and frequently cheaper:confused:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
One thing to keep in mind, those windows lose ALOT of heat...you are out here sitting in all kinds of weather...you will need them really dark tinted to keep it relatively cool in the summer, or you will have to dark tint and then insulate real good over all of them to keep in warm at night....

MissKat

Expert Expediter
My e250 has no side and rear windows. Much easier to insulate. More privacy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

fastrod

Expert Expediter
I run window vans and the main reason is that in Pa. a cargo van is classified as a truck and plates are $198 a year but a window van is classified as a station wagon with standard passenger car plates that cost $36 a year.