Glade Spring VA Petro; Major Tornado Damage

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Thats kind of a Bold statement dude. I understand that you are uneducated into the financial burden of people out side of your little world. So let me inform you.

Sorry I stand by it, outside of the loss of life, trucks can be replaced so I don't care about the guy with the $125k rig but care about the people who lost their home, pets and things dear to them.

Truckers operate WITH insurance, it is a requirement to have the vehicle insured, with housing it isn't a requirement.

SO my feelings lean toward the people who lost everything, not the truck driver who has some stuff in the sleeper and lost that - BIG difference.

As of Today, Fema and other agencies are refusing to help people in that area, they say they all have insurance in the area (even though many don't) and the insurance will take care of them.

A trucker won't have to worry about making a claim, the evidence is obvious while a lot of homeowners who doesn't have a 'record' of everything in the house will not get anywhere near the cost to replace just the common things.

How do you replace a pet?

By the way, I have fought the insurance company with storm damage so I know what they are going to go through.

vanman10

Expert Expediter
WOW! I just stopped in Glade Springs, VA to grab a pop and what a mess. Just like the person from an earlier post, I am also from Ohio and seen Tornado damage. I have never seen anything like the damage at Glade Springs. This more reminded me of a scene from the movie Twister.