Gitmo, better than our schools

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I just read this

Gitmo has makeover to reduce hostilities - Yahoo! News

And somewhere in this I read this

There is now TV night for some of the best-behaved detainees, with DVDs of movies and TV shows shown on a high-definition Sony TV. A classroom in Camp 4, designated for the most compliant detainees, has metal desks and plastic chairs. Detainees are leg-shackled to the classroom floor.

Language courses have begun in English, Arabic and Pashto, Vargo said in the interview last week. He intends to soon offer classes on diverse subjects, perhaps including oceanography.

I am incensed by this idea, and most of these people should be getting no more than bread, water and a pulled pork. These are people for the most part want to destroy the country and don't deserve to live in my eyes.

And why are we teaching them language classes?

Especially Persian?

Where is my access to the Defense Language Institute?

Then I read on

"I have instituted a very strict vetting program to get into Camp 4," Vargo said. "If you abide by the rules and you get through the vetting program then we move you in there."
Well I think that Col. Bruce Vargo, the commander there in Gitmo is missing one important point - these people have the patients to play by the rules and wait until they get a chance to kill more Americans.

And McCain wants to close Gitmo?

H*ll it seems to be better than most of the inner city Detroit schools.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greg...And just what would you do to these people? Besides your bread and water statement.
Most have commited no crime other then hate Americans. Last time I looked hating Americans wasn't a crime....ship them home to all the other American haters.

I realize some are POW's...and should be treated as such.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How do we know that "Most have committed no crime other than hate Americans"? Is this belief based on something we've read in releases from the AP or Reuters? I for one choose to believe the reports from our military personnel that tell us the inhabitants of Gitmo are bottom of the barrel terrorists, none of whom are entitled to the benefits of the Geneva Convention. The fact that we are wasting millions of our taxpayer dollars to make this collection of vermin comfortable is disgraceful. Here's a suggestion: close Gitmo - take 1/2 of this money we're wasting and give it to the Israelis, so they can set up a suitable camp for these "detainees". I'll bet they would be a lot more effecient with gathering intelligence and keeping these characters under control, and a lot less concerned with the political correctness of providing holy books, prayer rugs, and flat screen TVs.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Pilgrim I second that. 1 thing I like about the Isralies is they don't give a rip what anyone else says. They do it their way.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wonder what Canada would do in this situation?

Rich ...you kidding...Canada would prolly give them subsidized housing, pay for thier education !! You know Canada can be too soft!!!

I kinda like Pilgrams idea....They'd get the treatment they deservered over there...Isreal doesn't give a rats butt about public opinion polls.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So here is the thing OVM, I want to see them treated as they would treat us if the roles were reversed. I truly think that Gitmo under Taliban rule would be a mass grave and nothing less.

We treat these people as they are citizens, with equal rights and in the cases where we know what they did and who they are, they should be executed like we did to the NAZIs after WW2 (and I am not talking about Nurenburg) and bury them like the Israels do, with pig parts so they don't find paradise.

They enjoy the comforts of having access to their religion, access to education and access to each other when they should be isolated in dark cages and fed bread, water and pulled pork.

We don't even extend the freedoms to people here that they are enjoying - where is my big screen TV, where is the protection of freedom of religion for me, where is my free food?