Giant "Fatberg" OR....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Check this one out. It is a picture taken from the left bank of the River Dee near Maryculter (mary cooter) near Aberdeen, Scotland. It is a picture of the "fish house" on "Altries Estate". I fished here 4 years in a row, caught my first wild Atlantic Salmon about 200 yards upstream from that fish house. On a fly I tied myself.

FishPal - Scotland - Dee - Altries and Lower Drum - Home

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fisherman's Paradise? Looks like it.

It was something. The River Dee is the "Queen's Mother's" River. The fishing had been much better in the years prior to my fishing it. They have little "conservation" of fish runs, or the rivers, in the British Isles. Far too much netting at the river mouths had taken their toll.

The "sea trout", true sea trout, not what they call sea trout in the US, sea run brown trout, was fantastic but the salmon were rare. Fished for them around 10PM to midnight, still daylight that late that far north.

The salmon I did catch was "fresh", in the River less than 24 hours. A "silver bar" We know it was that fresh because it still had sea lice on it's tail and they die after 24 hours in fresh water.