Getting Started

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
Well, we picked up our truck on Friday and drove it from Columbus to Uniontown OH to get settled in and get ready for orientation for FedEx Custom Critical. Picked up a little over an inch of snow on us Saturday night. Glad we're staying in a motel for now, but did enjoy the novelty of walking in the snow when we went out for dinner that evening (don't get too much of it in Florida, but sure brought back both welcome and unwelcome memories from earlier portions of my life before living where I do now). Woke up to a chilly morning Sunday, but it warmed up to mid-30's that afternoon, and we were able to do some work in the truck getting things organized. This morning when we went to leave for FCC headquarters it was so cold that the power steering on the truck wouldn't work for several minutes. I had to jockey back and forth, cranking for all I was worth on the wheel until all of a sudden it just creaked and started working. No problems after that. Spent the day doing paperwork and getting "oriented" to the company and the work. All in all, a good day and we're definitely glad to be here and getting started. More of the same tomorrow, and then on Wed they install Qualcomm's and big signs, and we're ready to go.

Doug Simmons

Irishjim

Expert Expediter
Doug, Best of luck with your new rig. I've found if you keep an eye on the pennies, the dollars take care of themselves. Irishjim

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Good luck on the adventure! Listen to all they tell you and you can figure out what is dribble later. Try it there way to start and you'll do fine. Stick to your business plan and watch every dollar. It's easier to spend than it is to save. Please keep us posted how everything is going.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
If you enjoyed the novelty of 0ne inch of snow, you're gonna love frolicing your way to Montreal via Buffalo.

Welcome to Expediting and FedEx Custom Critical. Between their orientation and the EO orientation, you'll do great!

Terry

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Keep us posted. The first days and weeks in a newbie's life are of great interest to those thinking abut jumping in. What you are going through right now is what they'll be going through soon.