Getting back into the game

chefjesse

Active Expediter
Hey all after a few years of college learning the ends and outs of pastries I am looking to get back behind the wheel.

I have a few years driving 20 plus actually and 6 of those years was in expediting. From tractor trailer to cargo van. Money was great in the big truck running team but you need the right partner str8 was good as well but again the partner issue finally ended in a cargo van money was ok and no partner issues... live-in life.

Now I need to find the right person to work with I know your out there. I am not one who believes in waiting 3 days for a run that may or may not pay full rate when I can get something that will pay for fuel and a little extra to put in the kitty to get back to a area where there is freight.

So if you agree and need a good loyal driver for your cargo van or sprinter a driver who works on making money then maybe we should contact each other.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ever heard the term "hurry up and wait"....that defines expediting very well...you will sit 3 days at time times..heck you might sit 4-5-6 days at times.....if that doesn't work, i'd avoid expediting especially in a Cargo Van as less and less carriers are even considering taking them on and alot of other carriers have freezes on sprinter type unit at different times....

But you WILL sit..its the nature of the beast....more so then in days gone bye...

chefjesse

Active Expediter
Ever heard the term "hurry up and wait"....that defines expediting very well...you will sit 3 days at time times..heck you might sit 4-5-6 days at times.....if that doesn't work, i'd avoid expediting especially in a Cargo Van as less and less carriers are even considering taking them on and alot of other carriers have freezes on sprinter type unit at different times....

But you WILL sit..its the nature of the beast....more so then in days gone bye...

Hey Chefdennis,

I know the wait time is long at times... most of the time that is. The issue I always had was sitting with 10 other vans ahead of me or your out of the frieght lanes, so you would have to wait or try and get an empty move which was hardly ever possible.

There has to be a better way than sit and wait. Dad always said, where there is a will there is a way.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

Now I need to find the right person to work with I know your out there. I am not one who believes in waiting 3 days for a run that may or may not pay full rate when I can get something that will pay for fuel and a little extra to put in the kitty to get back to a area where there is freight.
cargo van or sprinter a driver who works on making money then maybe we should contact each other.[/QUOTE]

That part bothers me. Really??;)

chefjesse

Active Expediter
Sorry that bothers you but would it not be good if you did not have to wait as long as you do now? And besides what do you do when your out side of the reg. freight lanes, would you not try to find what ever you could to get back where the freight is?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Freight is everywhere. If you don't want to get out of the freight lanes, don't take a load that takes you out of the freight lanes. Accepting fuel and lunch money to move expedited freight only encourages shippers to keep offering fuel and lunch money to move their freight. It's a short term gain that burns you even worse in the long run than sitting an extra day or three will.

chefjesse

Active Expediter
Freight is everywhere. If you don't want to get out of the freight lanes, don't take a load that takes you out of the freight lanes. Accepting fuel and lunch money to move expedited freight only encourages shippers to keep offering fuel and lunch money to move their freight. It's a short term gain that burns you even worse in the long run than sitting an extra day or three will.

yes this is true Turtle. but with a saturated van market that person that wants puggles shipped will be willing to pay okay money just not expedited rates.