Gettin Paid

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Anyone else having trouble getting paid lately? We are missing pay for four runs! Two of them will be on our Monday statement (we've been told) but the other two are "missing" and we have had to print the BOL and re-submit.

In all these years we have never been late getting paid. This has just started and I can't help but wonder what's up. Usually I don't believe in conspiracy theories but it would be interesting to see if UPS (picking up our Trip Paks) has anything to do with it! ha!

Seriously, though, is anyone else having problems with missing Trip Pak paperwork? If so, please contact contractor settlements to see which ones are missing or delayed. It is important that we let them know if we are having problems.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
That is interesting as we have not had this problem. Two mistakes sounds really odd and could be a million reasons. Did you send in those runs at the same TripPak box?

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Linder, good question about the same Trip Pak container. We can't remember if those two runs were put in the same container but it would make sense if they were and they never made it on time. We have sent in duplicates and will keep an eye on the situation. Just want everyone else to be aware of the problem. Seems like they have had a few "issues" since the Trip Pak move. Thanks.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No problems here as yet. Thanks for the heads up. We will keep a close eye on it. Layoutshooter

aileron

Expert Expediter
Haven't had a load that the paperwork got lost. Once after the DHL thing with the trippak, it happened that the paperwork did not make the dedline, but it appeared on the next statement.

FJK1954

Expert Expediter
We have had 2 incidents since the change to ups....one of them involved putting two tripak envelopes in the same box on the same day...got paid for one and not the other...really weird!!! frank

M

Mcarriers

We haven't noticed any problems, but thanx for the warning. We haven't had any delays with good ole Buster Brown. LOL Which in it's self is pretty amazing considering I know what brown can ( and usually does) for me. NOTHING!!!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
When trip pack started having ups deliver,i almost had a run not get paid.I cought it in time and was paid by t check.In all the time ive been associated with both Roberts and FDCC,my paychecks have never been an issue.Bottom line,get your ppwk in on time,you will get paid on time.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I had one missing, never found run that was put in a trip pak box
just before UPS took over the pick ups. But I faxed in a copy of my signed Fedex B/L and then got paid for it.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I've had a couple go in late, when they were in box with plenty of time. Next time, I put something in box on Tues night and it made it for Wed cutoff.. go figure.. :)

After the first 2 weeks of switchover, no probs.

Dale

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Just an update: We printed a copy of our two BOL's that were missing and put them in separate trip paks (as instructed by our CC), dropped them in a Trip Pak container and we did finally get paid for the two runs. Strange that they completely went missing but all is well and we are moving right along.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A little Trip Pak trick we learned is to never fold two documents together. If you have multiple pages to send, do not stack and fold them together. Fold each page separatly, stack them after they are folded, and then put them in the Trip Pack envelope. Same for multiple log book pages.

At the other end, this forces the person processing the documents to handle each one alone. One page won't get missed because it stuck to another.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You know that is a good point and one we always follow. Make sure you take all the staples out of your papers. We are very careful about how we put our paperwork in the Trip Pak. Any small items need to be put into the front or back of the envelope and not mixed in with the papers.