Get on the phone!

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I know we have some "lurkers" out there who don't post but read all the stuff. So if you have not yet added the feature to have your phone text you when you have an offer in the truck, now is the time to do so. It doesn't cost anything to have this feature. So, for instance, if you are outside the truck (in a restaurant or polishing the chrome) and you get a beep for a load opportunity or a load offer, your phone will text you that there is an offer in the truck. Usually you only have about 10 min to respond and this will give you time to get in truck, check the offer, check your figures and respond.

We were at a pick up yesterday and we were right next to a huge metal building with gigantic trees around us. The CLink lost the connection. Meanwhile an offer for a pre-dispatch came but we couldn't view it with CLink not connected. Our phone sent out the text msg that there was an offer in the truck and I was able to call in to a dispatcher and get the info since I knew it was an offer.

To have this feature added simply call Safety and select the option for CLink assistance and tell them you want to add the text msg on your phone when an offer is sent.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
my primary number is different than my phone i use for text msging,wander if it will still work.I use to have that option,was very handy

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When we set it up in orientation it could be any number and also more than one number if you wanted so I put in both my cell numbers in case one has service when the other doesn't.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have our QC set to shut down after one hour so the phone feature to us is a must have. I love the fact that you do not have to pay to receive the messages and if you have free messages with your phone you pay nothing for this great service.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Ive had this service,then changed my primary number which has text blocked,guess ill just change the primary number again,the text feature is really a plus for receiving dispatch