Gentlemen: Be careful who you hug or touch, even in an innocence moment....

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
In another lifetime in the heating and airconditioning business, as a technician, we attended a safety meeting on how to act at a customers home, especially with a lady of the home there. We were told not, repeat not to say she had a nice home or she had on a nice dress, nor to you touch her or her children.

We were taught to say at the door when we arrived, Hello, my name is so n so with abc heating and air and I'm here to fix your heating and air unit. That was all we were told to say do to lawsuits and so on that were going on nationwide.

So here is a real life drama going on in Chattanooga , tn. It is not a laughing matter when one is brought up on sexual harassment charges, beware of what you say gentlemen around a female and watch that touching business, it's important ....

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/dec/02/sexual-harassment-complaints-against/

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Well, honestly, most of the allegations in that article are obviously over the line.

The training you were given about not complimenting a lady's dress etc...those are the small easily misinterpreted mistakes that can be made. The groping and the comments referred to in that article are flat out over the line. It has always amazed me that someone could even consider such actions or comments in a work environment of any kind. When you hear women say "men are pigs", rest assured that these things are what they are referring to.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I don't see anything innocent about these two cases...Page told an employee to get naked in the back and another they didn't dress sexy enough. Quite different from that's a very pretty dress you're wearing or you have a beautiful smile....there is nothing wrong about a tasteful compliment from the opposite sex.

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Actually it was 52 million in settlements...for the 26 percent of complaints that they deemed legitimate...different than 52 million spent on a trial .

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I guess I'm waiting for the explanation as to what the money has to do with determining the appropriateness of the actions?

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
Gees o petes.....

Nowdays you even look at a woman wrong and their ready to scream sexual harassment on ya

Joe

Sent from my LG-VS700 using EO Forums

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
And as Sy Robertson from Duck Dynasty would say:

"That's the Facts,Jack"

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Gees o petes.....

Nowdays you even look at a woman wrong and their ready to scream sexual harassment on ya

Joe

Yeah okay...you're wrong but some of us won't scream sexual harassment we'll just beat you to pulp with our pink Louisville slugger! :screwy:

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Yeah okay...you're wrong but some of us won't scream sexual harassment we'll just beat you to pulp with our pink Louisville slugger! :screwy:

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(
U have a point there and that may make a bigger impact then any court ruling, because missing teeth from an idiot man doing the grouping thing in the office may cause a nationwide wakeup call for stupid males. I like that. Baseball bat: the anti sexual harrasment hand tool for women.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Swift justice too...why go through a lengthy trial! Lol! I think we would see a dramatic drop in sexual harassment! :)

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Gees o petes.....

The difference between flirting and sexual harrassment is whether or not she thinks you're cute.

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

And I will raise you with a zap from my trusty stun gun.... as soon as gather my bearings from being beat with a "pink louisville slugger":p:p

Joe- the most "different" expeditor you will ever meet.. Just ask EB or Chef Dennis. Lol

Last edited:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
And I will raise you with a zap from my trusty stun gun.... as soon as gather my bearings from being beat with a "pink louisville slugger":p:p

Joe- the most "different" expeditor you will ever meet.. Just ask EB or Chef Dennis. Lol

I had a stun gun but the battery is dead...did you know according to the instructions repeated zapping doesn't cause permanent damage? :D

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
I had a stun gun but the battery is dead...did you know according to the instructions repeated zapping doesn't cause permanent damage? :D

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

DOESN'T cause permanent damage huh? You better ask turtle about that. ROFL:D