Generators

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
Comfort King, I heard you were running a "Special Deal" on your Rigmaster Generators until Sept. 2nd. Is this true? What is your special? Our friends just had you install their Rigmaster in their new truck. Were extremely impressed with the way you did business. Please reply soon as time is running out if Sept is the actual end date. Thank you.

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
Hi Davekc, I hear you are putting a sixth gear in that truck you just bought. Where are you having that done? We are thinking about doing the same thing, but didn't know where to go. Have you done this before and did it work well? Thanks for sharing.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yes I am converting it. Cost is roughly $300.00 to $400.00.
It is a two part process if you have a allison.
First step is for Allison to obtain the CIN number and torque ratings. Done quickly, and then the paperwork is mailed to the manufacturer of the truck. The paperwork takes a week or two. Don't skip this part if the truck is under warranty. You void your warranty if you do.
Then return to Allison and the reprogramming takes about 30 minutes.
The final drive with a five according to Allison on a 3000 is 0.75.1
Adding the sixth gear goes to 0.65.1.
Depending on speed the truck now is 9 to 10 mpg. This should take it to 11 to 12. Not expecting much better because more shifting from 6 to 5 on mountain grades ect.

Davekc