Generator Mounting Hitch

Johnp3337

Rookie Expediter
If you need a way to mount a generator to the rear of your expedite van email me at [email protected] . I got tired of trying to find something aftermarket. The items I did find didn't meet the needs of my expedite van so I had a local fab and welding shop build me one. The hitch works great, is heavy duty and is powder coated black but can be done any color for you folks wanting something else. The hitch Is pretty much universal , will fit sprinter, Nissan, ford Cargo Van. You'll obviously need a standard reese hitch already installed on your van. Will ship to you or can pick up in Rainbow City AL.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How about posting a few pictures showing it both open and closed.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine is stout and you could stand on the end of the thing. It wasn't cheap to have built but they have been doing them for years and constantly improving them. They custom build it to your van and the footprint of your generator and aux tank. Anyone want the info pm me and I'll be glad to pass it on.

I do wish mine was anodized plan to have it done at some point.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I should add a single receiver will spell sag in a few months always look for a setup with a second receiver on it.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Reactions: TSXpress2015

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Xiggi, will you post a couple of pics of your setup? I'm confused about the second receiver.

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got the one billing27 is showing (stowaway2). On the ford transit you have to remove the quick release, otherwise your back door hits it. I also had to drill another hole for the hitch pin. Where they have it set it sticks out to far. Otherwise it works great even had enough room to mount a Jerry can on there too.
75124deddafbf35f34390d45a47cb66a.jpg
761189dfaba3887da82e870cd8167fcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Xiggi, will you post a couple of pics of your setup? I'm confused about the second receiver.
I'll try to remember to take a couple tomorrow. It is just to add support and stability, it attaches to the main bar like the other receiver and adds a lot of strength. You can stand on the end of that bar with no flex or twist. When the swing arm is swung wide it keeps it from doing the same. I would recommend anyone add a second to any pre-built unit.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your gonna jinx me. When I first got it I thought about moving the plate, then driving down the highway I noticed a pretty good amount of blocked plates, bike racks, those Electric carts some handicap people use, racks with luggage, trailers all sorts of things and decided to see what happens. I don't speed or other things that might give them reason and as your coming beside me the plate is easily read so that might help. I have a front plate also.

Reactions: Moot and Ftransit