Garmin DEZL eta adjustment?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Our new Garmin DEZL calculates our arrival time at a an average speed of 66 mph.
Does anyone know how to change the speed in which it calculates?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Our new Garmin DEZL calculates our arrival time at a an average speed of 66 mph.
Does anyone know how to change the speed in which it calculates?

I do not have that model Garmin but as far as I know I mibe there is no setting to change that. I thought it adjusted according to the speed limit not a flat speed. I know when I take roads that are say 55mph it still seems just as close to right as it does on a 65 mph road.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Far as I know, the calculated time is based on your driving speeds generally, and if you drive fast a lot, it'll calculate using high speeds, and visa versa. I once was out west for an extended period of time and was on 75 and 80 MPH Interstates a lot, and when I came back east it took a while for it to realize I wasn't gonna average 69.5 MPH on 65 MPH Interstates. Then I had a 2 month period there where I was in one of the less restrictive Limp Home Modes where I drove 60-62 MPH all the time, so it started calculating at 60 MPH or so, and when I got that fixed it took a couple of weeks to adjust to my faster speeds.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We only used ours for about 3 days before coming home. Maybe it just needs more time and miles to adjust.
We also discovered to keep it on true truck routing we had to put in the settings as if we were a tractor trailer instead of a straight truck. Otherwise it wanted to take us on short cuts off of the interstates.