FYI, anyone that runs Connecticut

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
Conn. crackdown finds 15,000 truck violations
Advertisement
I read this in todays edition of the New London Day.. There have been a lot of fatalities this year involving 18-wheelers, especially in the area of 95 closer to Rhode Island (Exits 69-93 area) So, keep this in mind if your running through Connecticut. I have noticed the weigh station open a lot more frequently at the cross roads exit in Waterford..

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) -- Connecticut authorities have issued nearly 15,000 citations carrying nearly $2 million in fines in the first two months of a crackdown on commercial truck safety.

Gov. M. Jodi Rell released the figures Thursday, saying the state will not tolerate safety violations or reckless driving by truckers. State police and DMV inspectors started the stepped-up enforcement in August after several major truck crashes across the state.

The 15,000 violations found during the crackdown so far include nearly 2,100 for defective lights, 2,100 for defective brakes, 1,300 for logbook problems, 800 for overweight truck violations and 500 for speeding/reckless driving.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I was born & raised in Ct. The State police cars are unmarked. Mostly what used to called Crown Victoria's. They also have Mustangs among other vehicles seized in drug raids.:cool:

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
The 15,000 violations found during the crackdown so far include nearly 2,100 for defective lights, 2,100 for defective brakes, 1,300 for logbook problems, 800 for overweight truck violations and 500 for speeding/reckless driving

I'd say those were good valid reasons to enhance safety and rightfully given tickets/violations....Don't be sneaky thru there, holding your breath, running unsafe....just run legal and safe, like you'd run everywhere, and no worries......no excuse for defective brakes, lights and reckless driving....as for log books, well.....nobody is perfect!;)

Last edited:

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
I was born & raised in Ct. The State police cars are unmarked. Mostly what used to called Crown Victoria's. They also have Mustangs among other vehicles seized in drug raids.:cool:

They are actually getting SUV's and pick up trucks now too. You never know what a state police officers vehicle will look like in Connecticut. Yeah, they have the mustangs, and they also have some corvettes too. I know the Montville branch of the state police have several pimped out cars that were confiscated. haha =)

Just thought I would let everyone know that way you have your ducks in a row, before you entire the lovely Constitution State.. (Do we even have a Constitution anymore?)

moose

Veteran Expediter
....as for log books, well.....nobody is perfect!;)

Nothing short of drivers abuse ,
at least when it comes to TT.
it's not like that state ,or any other in the NE ,do anything to accommodate truck parking .

not to talk about the Money grabbing device called 'clear snow & ice'.

thanks for the heads up ,and a nice signature picture -can you post it large please ?