Fuel Surcharges

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
I am wondering what is the average surcharge you all get per load.
With any carrier I am not picky just want to know.
I have gotten anywhere from .06 to .48.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Average of all loads has been .28 CPM
That is based on the last 14 days

Davekc

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My last 10 runs averaged .2055 cpm for fsc. With this latest hike in prices I won't be running for as small an fsc as in the past. My minimum will probably go from 15cpm to 20cpm unless/until prices drop.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would agree. That would be our bottom numbers with fuel at $3.50 per gallon.

Probably should mention for all owners, 100 percent of that fuel surcharge needs to be going to your drivers. I have heard of a few owners with a 60/40 pay plan, only paying 60 percent of the FSC.
That is a crime, plain and simple.

Davekc

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Absolutely, and in addition to 100% fsc the driver should also get 100% hand load/unload... unless the owner teleports to the dock and helps with handling the freight.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
agree totally
Should add 100 percent of empty miles as well.

davekc

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
It is getting to the point where owners are just going to have to pay a flat % to the drivers and absorb the operational costs. I really feel bad for anyone that tries to run a fleet this day and time. I personally (as a driver for an owner)get discouraged when I take a 45% advance on a load and put 38% back in the tank on a run, leaves me with a whopping 17% gross for "our" efforts then I am lambashed for acceptance %.
Seems the only win win is a 40% gross to the drivers at least the truck moves and generates revenue. I have been accused of carrying the big truck mentality into an expedite world (Ie. Miles =$$$$) but it seems that is what expedite has become, cheap freight, variable expenses out of control and a subconcious drive to out run the dog.

Kitty Litter and Ms Puss