Fuel Surcharge, the law

bbirdxx2000

Seasoned Expediter
Hi everyone just sighned:cool:

Here is a legal question which hopefully someone can answer

I am an Indepandant contractor working for a local trucking Co. I have a Diesel Van. I get payed 60% of the gross and my co. charges a fuel surcharge to their customers.

My question is, I was under the Impression its a law that the owner of the vehicle (me) is supposed to get 100%, while I have only been getting 60%:confused:. If this is correct, can somone find some legal wrighting of this.

Thanks
Mike

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Hi everyone just sighned:cool:

Here is a legal question which hopefully someone can answer

I am an Indepandant contractor working for a local trucking Co. I have a Diesel Van. I get payed 60% of the gross and my co. charges a fuel surcharge to their customers.

My question is, I was under the Impression its a law that the owner of the vehicle (me) is supposed to get 100%, while I have only been getting 60%:confused:. If this is correct, can somone find some legal wrighting of this.

Thanks
Mike

From the words of OOIDA,if in your contract it states that you get 100% of your fsc then you have to get it,but if there isnt anything in your contract about fsc,the company your leased to doesnt have to pay you anything for fsc

bbirdxx2000

Seasoned Expediter
From the words of OOIDA,if in your contract it states that you get 100% of your fsc then you have to get it,but if there isnt anything in your contract about fsc,the company your leased to doesnt have to pay you anything for fsc

So thier is no federal or State law saying this:confused:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is no law about it. There's only whatever may be in your contract.

moose

Veteran Expediter
welcome aboard xxx2000...

This is none of your business what your Local Trucking Co. charges its Costumers !
Dont run the company ,let the company run you...

you run your own truck and your own business , as stated you are Independent Contractor .
see that your contract can pay your business plan and you will do well .
now i know you asked a legal question ,but what the fun answering that... <l:-{)}

Moose.

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
S.B 2910, [WashingtonWatch.com - S. 2910, The TRUCC Act ]
H.B 5931 [WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 5934, The TRUCC Act] and
H.B 5977 [WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 5977, The TRUCC Act]

If these bills get passed they will do more for the O/os than just fix the fuel surcharge mess it will provide transparency to all of us which in the end will help us make desisions based on FACTS!!

At the moment these bills are being held in committee and not being put foreward for a vote.

The Brokers associations are spending millions on lobbyists to try to stop theses bills from ever seeing the light of day.

if you have some time google the hearings on S.B. 2910, OOIDA's chief pretty well handed the head of the brokers association his head on a platter, its a bit long but well worth the watching if you want to really know the facts.

OOIDA is still working on this a call in support to them and your elected representatives would surely help all of us in this business.

Last edited: