FUEL PRICES

paperback1

Expert Expediter
WHAT KIND OF FUEL PRICES ARE YOU SEEING ON THE ROAD? ONE OF MY DRIVERS IS IN BINGHAMTON,NY AND FUEL IS $1.86 GAL. HE'S GONNA GET HIS FUEL IN CANADA LATER INSTEAD OF NY:9

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
> HE'S
>GONNA GET HIS FUEL IN CANADA LATER INSTEAD OF NY

In CANADA????????!!!!!!!!!!
We always figured that fuel is cheaper in the States.
The price of gas is up here this weekend too. I didn't look at the diesel pump. Gas is 79.9 cents per litre.
Now there are 3.7853 litres in a gallon, so gas here(in $CAD)is 302.445 / gallon. Diesel is a little cheaper but not much.
The price of fuel in Quebec is even higher.
I'd be interested to know what he paid, in cents per litre and then in dollars per gallon. I'd be willing to bet it's WAYYYYY over 1.86.

Good Luck.
PS where in Canada is he buying his fuel?
If he goes to the Husky near Kingston that's one of the oldest truckstops on the 401.
They used to have a sign in the restaurant that read:
TRUCK STOP....EAT HERE....GET GAS
that kept the 4-wheelers down.

treeman

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I just got back to NY from Ontario. Fuel in Ont was .79 per litre,3.8 litres to a gal. In NY you can get fuel for 1.69 per gal. Or you could run down to the flying J just over the Pa line on rt 81. Fuel in Canada,with an exchange of 35% comes to 1.95 per gal.The Flying J and TA at exit 48A off the thruway were both 1.69 If you watch carefully some of the rest areas on the thruway have fuel for the same price. Last week I paid 1.42 in New Jersey. I usually try to fill up in Va or SC. I don't think buying fuel in Canada is a good idea, you just have to shop around a little bit down here.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
fuel in newport news,va and norfolk is a low of 1,49 and up
is this because we may go to war or is it because of problems
in south america

Dkalasz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
the problem is simple oil is one of those wonderful comodities that they can raise the price of just because some one smells a possible problem.. would be nice if there had to be an actual problem before they hiked the price :/

gingerbreadman

Expert Expediter
I would like to know why prices are jumping when opec said they would increase production, and iraq stated they would not stop pumping oil?????.x( x(

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Last week I paid $1.65 for diesel at the Pilot in Bloomsbury NJ.$1.50 per gallon at the TA in Paulsboro NJ,then on Friday in Asland VA at the Mr Fuel $1.57 and in Georgia at the Williams on I95 in Kingsland
$1.59..getting scarey when low cost states like VA and Ga have these prices..

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
Well you all know whats going to happen....The samething that happened a while back.They will raise the prices to no end and then all the truck drivers will shut them down where they are....Till they do something about it....With out the trucks running the U.S. shuts down...its been proven in the past...

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I went to the HUSKY Truck Stop at Dixie Road and Highway 401 in Mississauga Ont. this morning.
Their sign read 69.9 cents per litre for diesel fuel.
That equal CAD$ 2.64.6 per gallon.
What would that be in $USD?
Can anyone convert that price?
I'd be willing to bet it would still br over the $1.86 per gallon in Binghamton NY.

joker

Expert Expediter
Lets think about this high fuel cost for a minute. We all know the threat of wars in the mid-east always brings higher fuel cost no matter if war comes or not. So who profits from this? THE OIL COMPANIES thats who. You really have to wonder since some high ranking members of this administration are closely tied to the oil industry if this "war thing " has a two part intent, like lining some pockets at the expense of the american people. You do remember the way California was ripped off a couple of years ago with bogus shortages. Who profited from that? Enron and lots of other crooks in the energy business. Need to remember a certain vice-presidents secret behind closed doors energy summit in D.C. shortly after his arrival there. Just something to think about when its time to vote again. :'(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know I only have a van but I try to hit the Indian reserves going thru N.Y. state seem to be 10 cents cheaper most of the time the one at I86 and 219 takes on alot of rigs I noticed.