From Google

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just leave it up to Google to come up with something like this!!!

Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone, or your home phone speed dial: 1-800-goog411
(1-800-466-4411). This is an awesome service from Google, and it's free -- great when you are
driving on the road with no pen, pencil or paper handy.

Don't waste your money on information calls and don't waste your time manually dialing the number.
I am driving along in my car and I need to call the golf course and I don't know the number. I hit the
speed dial for information that I have programmed.

The voice at the other end says, "City & State." I say, " Garland , Texas . " He says, "Business, Name or
Type of Service." I say, Firewheel Golf Course." He says, "Connecting" and Firewheel answers the phone.
How great is that? This is nationwide and it is absolutely free!

Click on the link below and watch the short clip for a quick demonstration.

1-800-GOOG-411: Find and connect with local businesses for free from your phone.

LOGSPLITTER

Seasoned Expediter
The google number is a great tool to use. Also I have had the Droid since Novmember 7th, 2009 and I love it. It's like the Iphone from AT&T but some differences. The main one being no more dropped calls from AT&T because the Droid is on Verizon. The Droid has many apps as well to help with numerous of tasks. Weather, music, Nav., etc....

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
The google number is a great tool to use. Also I have had the Droid since Novmember 7th, 2009 and I love it. It's like the Iphone from AT&T but some differences. The main one being no more dropped calls from AT&T because the Droid is on Verizon. The Droid has many apps as well to help with numerous of tasks. Weather, music, Nav., etc....

Loving the Droid here. You probably already know but on the outside chance that you don't, I've been picking up some pretty good tips on the Droid-specific forum over on Verizon.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Been using this for a good while.. and here is another cool thing

If you say "Text Me" after you find the listing it will send you the name number and address to the listing you where looking up...

Also google records all of your requests (must use it to better there 411 service) all you have to do is go through the menus and it will give you the option to delete the data... Not that it matters to me, but I'm not that worried about people finding out what I am looking for on Google 411.....

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Been using this for a good while.. and here is another cool thing

If you say "Text Me" after you find the listing it will send you the name number and address to the listing you where looking up...

Also google records all of your requests (must use it to better there 411 service) all you have to do is go through the menus and it will give you the option to delete the data... Not that it matters to me, but I'm not that worried about people finding out what I am looking for on Google 411.....

That's pretty cool. I think I'm just scratching the surface as to what this thing will do!