Fresh start!

gunnerwife

Rookie Expediter
After three years of driving for an owner we are finally the owners of our truck! This has always been our goal since we started and to reach that goal has been quite rewarding.

Yes, we know all the pitfalls of being owners and we are prepared for it. As much as anyone can be! :) We like being able to make money for ourselves and not someone else for a change. We have squirreled away money for the inevitable maintenance issues, but seeing how we are in the same truck that we have been driving for the past two years we know what the truck does and doesn't need.

We have been home the past couple of weeks tearing thongs apart and putting it back together. There was some adjustments to the sleeper that we made, but only phase 1 is done. Phase 2 will be done over the Labor Day weekend. I am looking forward to getting back on the road so we can see how things really shake out. Hopefully not in a literal sense!:p. I will try and post pics if anyone is interested.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

GandJ

Active Expediter
Hey!! Great post. Good for you guys. It is a great feeling to work toward a goal and obtain it. We are interested in your pictures.
Congratulations to you!

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
First truck is a great feeling. I remember mine, I thought that 250 Cummins was the fastest thing on the road. 64 mph shook so bad thought I was taking off. Good luck.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Good luck, it sounds like you planned things out.

gunnerwife

Rookie Expediter
Good luck, it sounds like you planned things out.

We knew what we wanted to do and after talking with different people and reading on EO we knew what to do and not to do.

gunnerwife

Rookie Expediter
We have a AA bunk and the closet that we had was really a lot of wasted space so we took it out. I have been wanting and needing more counterspace so we extended it to 38 inches. What a huge difference it has made! The wall behind the seat was not finished and we did not want to just leave that way. We found a piece of metal at Lowes that we were able to rivet to the frame givibg an area where we could put things up with magnets.

The best part is that the porti-potty now has its own spot under the counter! Now it has a dual purpose as a desk chair and relief station. We have talked about putting some type of sliding shelf or a drawer to hold shoes, but for the time being it is just fine as it is.

Now we are anxious to get our new cabinets installed where the upper bunk is located! That will have to wait until the end of the month though. It is time to hit the road and make some money and for the first time in a long time we are actually happy to go.:)

Attachments

• 1377004815451.jpg
    1377004815451.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 119

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
We have a AA bunk and the closet that we had was really a lot of wasted space so we took it out. I have been wanting and needing more counterspace so we extended it to 38 inches. What a huge difference it has made! The wall behind the seat was not finished and we did not want to just leave that way. We found a piece of metal at Lowes that we were able to rivet to the frame givibg an area where we could put things up with magnets.

The best part is that the porti-potty now has its own spot under the counter! Now it has a dual purpose as a desk chair and relief station. We have talked about putting some type of sliding shelf or a drawer to hold shoes, but for the time being it is just fine as it is.

Now we are anxious to get our new cabinets installed where the upper bunk is located! That will have to wait until the end of the month though. It is time to hit the road and make some money and for the first time in a long time we are actually happy to go.:)

Was there a recliner in your bunk at one time? We have an AA sleeper with the the recliner and was looking at removing the upper bunk as well, good pictures and please post more after you get the new cabinets put in

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I hope that your head is not on the end of the bunk where that counter is, that corner closest to the bunk looks a little dangerous.:eek:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

gunnerwife

Rookie Expediter
Was there a recliner in your bunk at one time? We have an AA sleeper with the the recliner and was looking at removing the upper bunk as well, good pictures and please post more after you get the new cabinets put in

We did not have the recliner. Good thing too or I would never get hubby to drive! :p. I will post pics after we get the cabinets in. Maybe this time I will remember to do before pictures too!

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
We did not have the recliner. Good thing too or I would never get hubby to drive! :p. I will post pics after we get the cabinets in. Maybe this time I will remember to do before pictures too!

I will say its nice to have the comfy chair in the back :) good luck on the upgrades and can't wait to see the pics

gunnerwife

Rookie Expediter
I hope that your head is not on the end of the bunk where that counter is, that corner closest to the bunk looks a little dangerous.:eek:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Yes my head is very close to it but once again we will child proof the truck by putting a corner protector on. We had to do that on the upper cabinet because I kept bumping my head on it. :eek:. I am one big bruise waiting to happen!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Good idea on the piece of metal for a filler plate..Everything looks good and clean. Nice job.
I'm thinking a peice of metal now glued to one of my cabinet faces to hold various receipts..I'm so tired of looking for them under the seats and scatted in the sleeper after a few days of running..Again Good idea.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Slo-ride: wouldn't it be simpler to get a manila envelope [5x7 or 8x10] and attach it to an atlas, so it's handy for sticking them in?

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Simple yes..Do I follow simple,, Not always. Got pleanty of folders,binders, clipboards, and envolopes..
Simple to me is throwing them on the seat next to me and getting the truck down the road. My load profile sheets and B/ladings are bout the only thing that get taken care of right away..I dont lose much, just gotta look for it when the day is done.
Beside facing a cabinet or 2 with the right metal just could give me that NASCAR look.:D

rollincoal

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A 3 year gameplan in the making to start off right. Good job. If only more prospective owners were a little more methodical and not in such a rush to become owners. Good luck!

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk 2

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A 3 year gameplan in the making to start off right. Good job. If only more prospective owners were a little more methodical and not in such a rush to become owners. Good luck!

Well said, rollincoal.

Well done, gunnerwife!