FRESH START FEBRUARY

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Electrical issues on Sprinters can throw out all sorts of codes. With my wiring harness it was spitting out injector codes. I knew I had to figure it out on my own ...

Also, one thing to keep in mind ... when we pull into shops with the kind of mileage we have mechanics/techs crap their pants. They figure with that much mileage it's gotta be a big problem. Maybe it is ..... maybe it isn't ...
That was one of the problems and the way they were trained to analyze things from the bottom up first the fuel filter, fuel injector pump ,injectors, fuel rail have they started from the computer down it would’ve been an easy fix but that was the Mercedes procedure at the time! The way they train their technicians

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That was one of the problems and the way they were trained to analyze things from the bottom up first the fuel filter, fuel injector pump ,injectors, fuel rail have they started from the computer down it would’ve been an easy fix but that was the Mercedes procedure at the time! The way they train their technicians
That's lazy mechanic work. You mean they were trained to start replacing parts from the bottom up until it's fixed.

Testing those items would cost a few minutes, replacing everything is easier (and lucrative at their markup)

I made myself stop guessing and started buying better tools, like an oscilloscope...so far all my guesses on the esp/transmission were wrong, I would swear I had a bad ABS module but no...oscilloscopes are fun

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's lazy mechanic work. You mean they were trained to start replacing parts from the bottom up until it's fixed.

Testing those items would cost a few minutes, replacing everything is easier (and lucrative at their markup)

I made myself stop guessing and started buying better tools, like an oscilloscope...so far all my guesses on the esp/transmission were wrong, I would swear I had a bad ABS module but no...oscilloscopes are fun

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
Well every time they replaced one part the next in line would show a fault... right up the line

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That's the single biggest reason there aren't more Sprinters on the road. Nobody would buy a transit or pro master if it wasn't for the outrageous cost of inept service on Sprinters at large. The product is far superior!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No truck driving training with Schneider I think.

Yes, I officially announce my employment with Schneider :bobtail:
Day 3 of training completed :cool:
Having a really good experience so far.
Today was just a awsome day. It's been 20 years since I've drove tractor-trailer.
My instructor keeps asking me, "you sure it's been 20 years?"
I guess my knowledge and skill base is exceeding expectations ;)
Long days, studying, and information over load is keeping me on my toes.
But overall, I'm having a blast and enjoying new challenges.

The yard/road truck I've been using.

IMG_5226.JPG