FRESH START FEBRUARY

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep , woke up again today .
Temperature to reach low 40's in Iowa today. And tomorrow in the high 40's .
Still a tad warm for ice fishing.
58992b17ebcc6.image.jpg

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Yep , woke up again today .
Temperature to reach low 40's in Iowa today. And tomorrow in the high 40's . Crossed off 3 more Honey-do jobs on the list in the house. Preparing now for Groundhog day/Superbowl events ...

sent from my Recliner..
Knowing you, you've skinned the poor groundhog for his pelt and are serving groundhog stew for the Superbowl

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still a tad warm for ice fishing.
58992b17ebcc6.image.jpg
Knowing you, you've skinned the poor groundhog for his pelt and are serving groundhog stew for the Superbowl

Oh the Ice is over 12 to 18 inches thick , plenty thick enough for Ice fishing.

And WOM on the Menu tomorrow is Sloppy Joe's, Fried Chicken, Pizza and snacks .

sent from my Recliner..

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Broke down Thursday morning, halfway through a 1800 mile trip. Not a easy one this time. Engine shut off at highway speed. $4000 and still not running. Maintenance fund is going to be crying. LOL. Enjoying Nashville and chilling!
Man Bill, so sorry. Giving a load up to a rescue sucks but nobody needs/deserves catastrophic engine failure. Which engine do you have and how many miles?

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Oh the Ice is over 12 to 18 inches thick , plenty thick enough for Ice fishing.

And WOM on the Menu tomorrow is Sloppy Joe's, Fried Chicken, Pizza and snacks .

sent from my Recliner..
emoji6.png
emoji6.png

[/QUO
Broke down Thursday morning, halfway through a 1800 mile trip. Not a easy one this time. Engine shut off at highway speed. $4000 and still not running. Maintenance fund is going to be crying. LOL. Enjoying Nashville and chilling!
Sorry to hear that.

Reactions: NorthernBill

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Yeah, sorry to hear this ....
Shut off at highway speed?
What's the diagnosis? Sometimes it's better to replace those engines rather than sink thousands into an engine with that many miles.
800K ... you got your money's worth ...

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now I'm just throwing darts, so apologies if I'm way off ...

When you say "shut off" ... do you mean like a light switch? Just powered off? No catastrophic mechanical grinding or metal to metal sound of any kind?

The previous generation of NCV3 engines, like mine, would experience failures in the engine wiring harness over time. The wires would dry out and crack, causing a short. When mine started to fail, it would stall. It stalled intermittently for weeks. It would stall at highway speed, where I would just coast to the shoulder. Shut it off and it would start right back up again. I stalled right smack in front of the Holland tunnel on a Sun afternoon. Once I changed the wiring harness, it was all good. Idk of they addressed that issue on later generations of the engine. Idk how much that specific harness is ... I imagine anywhere from $750-$1,100 .... ?? Labor will probably double that amount.

A bunch of $$ can be spent on diagnostics going down rabbit holes on these things. Depends if the shop is charging $100 per hr or $160 per hr. Problem is, if they're on the wrong track ... 1.They might not admit it unless you prove them wrong. 2. It's an uphill battle getting the invoice reduced for their wasted time.

Anyway, hope it goes well ...
Sprinter source is a good resource ....

Reactions: NorthernBill

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Shut down like turning the switch off. High pressure pump was not building enough fuel pressure. Not liking how this playing out. New pump and fuel regulator increased pressure, just not enough. Looking for a injector stuck open, not allowing pressure to build.