Freight disappearing

Driver2

Seasoned Expediter
I get an average of 1 call for load offers now per day. I have turned down so many loads in the last 4-5 months that I wonder if they're just not calling me anymore. I refuse to take loads that don't pay less than $1/mi for loaded miles. Just curious if other B unit drivers are having the same experiences. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of action in the FedEx forum here but I'd figure I'll try.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wish I could help you but we drive a straight truck. We have been VERY busy. I see a TON of van loads come across as offers, some vans must be busy.

Driver2

Seasoned Expediter
Also, they have gotten to the point where they must have needed to outsource so many van loads because their "own" drivers were passing up too many of the lowball offers. I admit I've done it. Out of 20 offers I'll accepted 2 or 3 it's gotten that bad. It just means it's time to move on for me. As far as I'm concerned I was fired from FedEx at the beginning of 2009 and signed on with an imposter claiming to be the old FedEx. Oh well, like another post said, they could care less if I leave cause once the new FedEx makes the standard low enough that all the old drivers leave they will again be ushering in a new batch of drivers who never new the old FedEx.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
They signed more B units anticipating a strong economy for 2012. I'm out of Wilmington DE and they usually call 2-3 times a day, mostly for loads picking up 100 mile away. Sometimes I take them, sometimes I don't. Depends on how many trucks are ahead of me in the centers surrounding me. The more trucks sitting around me, the less picky I get, just to get some money in my pocket.

jj214

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Been doing this since 1990, if it were not for Caterpillar runs, I would have very few runs in the past few months. I turn down dozens of runs based on excessive DH miles. I will eat the miles for a decent express ctr. at the end. Will not take cheap runs to Decatur or other dead centers. It sometimes works to layover in Bloomington IN and check in on the Peoria board. You will get the Decatur pickups when there is no one there. Always know how many are in nearby express ctr's and when you know you are it, counter offer the run offer for 1.00 + for all miles. I have had some success when I know they have no one else nearby.