Free agency and possible trades...

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Since so many have a lot of cap space, it looks like good players will be traded for premium compensation. Also, a lot of good players are being cut. I could see Plummer in a Bears uni. Whataya think, JR? Maybe Darrel Jackson?

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Is the starting tight end for seattle (stevens, I think) a free agent? He might need a change of scenery, and heaven knows grossman could benefit from it.

What about the signing of Huard here in KC? what does that say to Trent Green? the media is all over that situation here.....and I'm laughing my head off.....(I hate the chiefs GM)

Jayman

Expert Expediter
I am eagerly waiting to see what the Colts do and get in the near future. Free agency, trades, and draft. Unfortunately...we arent one of those teams with a lot of cap space.

Oh yeah, I heard a couple of weeks ago Plummer may be going to Houston. Havent followed the situation with him much though.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
The were saying on NFL radio that Indi likes running 2wr, 2te sets a lot. That coupled with Stokley being out all last year, they figured they didn't need him anymore.

Jbears... they also brought up that since Seattle franchised their kicker, they are probably close to signing Stevens and Hamlin. Their front office tends to wait till the last hour to announce signings.

No way Lewis is washed up. He put up 2000+ yds a couple years ago. Look who his qb was then and who it is now. That should tell you something about why they ran so little last year. He still gets 4+ yds per carry. I'd like to see him in Detroit.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
rats...we need an upgrade from the guy we have now...(I can't even remember his name..:7 )....oh yeah, desmond clark.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Trent Green and Carl Peterson (chiefs GM) met yesterday. Neither party will speak about what they discussed....that's peculiar....;)

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
trent green has been given the ultimatum of taking a pay cut and competing for the starting QB job. Can we say, here we come Miami?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
JB... Thomas Jones took a ride on a Jet! Now Lance Briggs wants out too! Looks like da Bears are UNBUILDING themselves of a SB team!

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Nah, I have confidence that Lovie will be able to draft another linebacker to fit what he wants, and Thomas Jones has wanted out since they drafted benson.Lovie has shown that he's adept in drafting good players in the later rounds. Running backs are pretty strong in this draft, so I believe a good back up runner for benson will still be on the board in the 3rd-4th round. All I know is we'd better draft a TE with one of the first two picks.