found o/o ready to go

pantherii

Expert Expediter
I found an o/o who has trucks with pantherii, his truck is a t300 kenworth super 10, any remarks on that vehicle?

also my laptop just came in from dell, i wanted to get that pc miller gps software its the co pilot, anybody have that? or anybody reccomend a different program?

The o/o loves the fact me and my dad are going to be a team and want to stay out 3 to 4 weeks, he said if we work out he wants to put us in a new truck. The t300 will be availiable nov.1st so I just wanted to say thanks to everybody who gave me some insight, and thanks to expeditorsonline.com for having an informative website

see you guys on the road, keep it between the ditches!!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Depending on the sleeper, can be alittle tight to team in. Outside of that, usually very durable trucks as long as it has been maintained.

Good luck.

Davekc

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Take a look at Microsoft Streets and Trips 2006 with GPS before you make a decision. I've been running CoPilot 4 for several months. It has a lot of errors and missing data and costs a lot more than S/T 2006.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

FAST JIMMY

Expert Expediter
Good luck with your new venture!!! I have been using microsoft streets and trips since Feb. 2005 it has been great. I have most other mapping and navigation software and still always use m.s.. Even though it does not have large truck functions it has not failed me yet. I did notice it always puts you on toll roads, but they are usually better routes. I also use pc miler streets 18 if I need truck route info. That software is only mapping but works good for truck stops and fuel..Oh yea..both work well in Canada..I have been in Canada many times without any problems. I am waiting for my father to retire in January. Hopefully he and I will also team..
Have fun and be safe !!!
Fast Jimmy

pantherii

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the advice on getting microsoft streets 06 , I just went to best buy and picked it up ONLY 99.99 wow pc miller wanted 400 bucks!!! been exploring the software, im trying to find out if you can change directions....example im in florida and i want to go to michigan, streets says start off by taking 95 , but i want to take75 straight up, is there a way to configure that?

rollingstock

Expert Expediter
It is just personal preference, but I never really liked the super 10 tranny. I just like a good old Eaton strait 10 speed. It might be that I never got used to the super 10 because I only drove one for a few thousand miles. Once you get the hang of it, you will probably be telling me how great it is. I might like one better if I drove one more.

Thanks for the advice on the software.

Good luck to ya

:7

FAST JIMMY

Expert Expediter
MS streets and trips will tell you to go on roads you might not want to. What I do is follow my own directions then keep hitting go or recalculate and it will figure new route. I also found out through accident that the space key will also recalculate route (a lot easier to hit than left mouse button, you do not have to hover over go tab) If you pass up turn or exit..keep hitting go and it will get you back on route.
Good luck !!

Fast Jimmy

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>im in florida and i want to go to michigan, streets says
>start off by taking 95 , but i want to take75 straight up,
>is there a way to configure that?

The only way I've found so far is to select a spot on the route I want and add it as a stop in the trip. Then S/T will refigure the route to include the stop I chose. Sometimes I have to add 2 or 3 fake stops to get it to get on and stay on the route I want. I hope that helps a little. Good luck.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>I did notice it always puts you on toll roads

You can click:
route,
more options,
segments,

select a segment of the trip and then click
preferred roads
preferred road types

and on this page you can set a weighting for various roads so it won't put you on as many toll roads. Hope that helps a little.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've had several versions of Streets and Trips and they always had issues with the route. Especially from where I live in Northern Mich. I just got '06 and from the little bit I've played around it seems to be better. I do a lot of what you do with adding cities to see the differences in routes to decide which way I want to go.