Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
I win - best game on the forums yet!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I down loaded ingress. Let the fun begin

Have you got a good handle on it? I'm still a little lost on taking over a portal.
I think this was set up for Joggers/ Bikers and walkers. People that like to go on treks. So far I have driven to the places and Yes I guess that's cheating but its sooo cold I don't mind cheating :D
Ya never know where a portal may pop up, I'm finding a lot at churches, Historical sites & markers, cemetery's, schools, watertowers etc etc. But ya just don't know they can be anywhere.
Only places I have had a complete hack so far has been a Western Indiana tech center building.. Partial hack was done in a rest area along I-69 also. While tooling home a few nights ago along 1-94 my phone lit up from Albion college so I detoured into the campus and gave it a shot.. Make a long story short, Those college kids are smart. As soon as I tried to hack a portal I swear my phone was screaming Get the He** out Now. I was hit from all directions and left the area with absolutely no weapons or life left. Portals can be linked to others making them stronger. Once the weather warms up I think this will be a good lil game as it gets you out of the truck and walking around.
Some portals can take ya on a trek for serval miles if ya wanna go that far. But I'm thinking I will be happy walking Walmart parking lots. :cool:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you got a good handle on it? I'm still a little lost on taking over a portal.
I think this was set up for Joggers/ Bikers and walkers. People that like to go on treks. So far I have driven to the places and Yes I guess that's cheating but its sooo cold I don't mind cheating :D
Ya never know where a portal may pop up, I'm finding a lot at churches, Historical sites & markers, cemetery's, schools, watertowers etc etc. But ya just don't know they can be anywhere.
Only places I have had a complete hack so far has been a Western Indiana tech center building.. Partial hack was done in a rest area along I-69 also. While tooling home a few nights ago along 1-94 my phone lit up from Albion college so I detoured into the campus and gave it a shot.. Make a long story short, Those college kids are smart. As soon as I tried to hack a portal I swear my phone was screaming Get the He** out Now. I was hit from all directions and left the area with absolutely no weapons or life left. Portals can be linked to others making them stronger. Once the weather warms up I think this will be a good lil game as it gets you out of the truck and walking around.
Some portals can take ya on a trek for serval miles if ya wanna go that far. But I'm thinking I will be happy walking Walmart parking lots. :cool:

I think so, so far it showed the closest to me was a state park, I'll try to find it on my way back home tonight

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I think so, so far it showed the closest to me was a state park, I'll try to find it on my way back home tonight

Resist the urge to turn it on while driving..:eek: If you live in a populated area no need to go back to find one ya missed. They are everywhere. Unless maybe it was something interesting ya want to see. Don't play and drive.....
Also something I don't know about since it is in real time what is it going to do with our data plans. Wife already told me its coming out of my pocket if we go over. I close the app now until I want to look at the scanner when parked.

Last edited:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Resist the urge to turn it on while driving..:eek: If you live in a populated area no need to go back to find one ya missed. They are everywhere. Unless maybe it was something interesting ya want to see. Don't play and drive.....
Also something I don't know about since it is in real time what is it going to do with our data plans. Wife already told me its coming out of my pocket if we go over. I close the app now until I want to look at the scanner when parked.

I'm only checking when I'm stop for fuel, food or bathroom break