Canada Former hourly driver going O/O

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Europarts of San Diego has the OEM parts. Sometimes the same parts are available a little cheaper at Rock Auto. But Europarts tells you who makes the OEM parts.
Europarts of San Diego

They also have some aftermarket stuff, but they tell you if it's aftermarket, and it's usually pretty good.

Grumpy Grandpa

New Recruit
Researching
US Army
Is northern tools one of my favorite places. I haven't thought about using them for E tracks.. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
base on the currenty gas price I will take my chances.

If u cant afford to repair a sprinter, maybe you should stay as a company driver
You must have never had to repair a sprinter then....because it's not cheap ever.....even if you do your own oil changes your still looking at 3.5 gallons of oil plus the filter. And you don't ever put cheap oil in a sprinter ever.

Reactions: Grumpy Grandpa

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And you don't ever put cheap oil in a sprinter ever
Benz has a list of approved fluids.
BeVo

If it ain't on the list, don't use it.

I still remember one guy who bought a new Sprinter and when it came time to change the transmission fluid he was adamant that Dexron transmission fluid was the best ever invented. So that's what he used. All it took was two weeks before his transmission was dead.

Sierra Invenio

New Recruit
Researching
Well I can't say I expected this many replies to this thread XD hi guys.

A small update a second offer came through. Less yearly income overall but better pay per mile (about 35 cents more), and is letting me have a lot more control of things, such as not leasing the vehicle through the carrier, actually getting to buy and spec the vehicle myself. Also actually pays deadhead miles and on certain loads its 90c higher per mile.

Doesn't start till January though which kinda bites, but, ordering a van from either dealer here will take that long anyway apparently.

Ordered a tricked out transit for about 20 grand less of total cost of ownership than the benz the other company had selected for me. New company also doesn't venture as far (8-900 miles from my hometown vs unlimited distance) and guarantees return to province every run (as opposed to potentially being in the states for up to a month).

Can't wait. "Off the record" Ive worked 3 driving jobs in the last 5 years and all paid 17/hr (provincial minimum is not far below that for reference) or less and were skimpy on safety. Being able to make my own choices in many regards is a big selling point of this industry for me and I'm so happy to have turned a corner.