Ford's Own Diesel 2011

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It's a step in the right direction but the complexity of the engine leaves a lot to be desired, I was told that it may not be too keen on the road dog mods sold after market due to emission restrictions and there may be firmware written in such a way to prevent anyone from modifying the ecm for performance. It will have to have the Urea fluids filled around 6000 miles, just about the time for an oil change.

There are issues with the thing in testing from what I was told and I don't hold much hope that things will go smoothly with it until 2013 model year. I understood that they are testing it to make sure there are no "6.0" issues, which included a number of short hours under full load at top speed but I didn't get a straight answer if they are testing to destruction like they did with the 7.3 and GM did with the first Duramax.

I think for the most part, they should have some serious thought in importing their 4.4 diesel for more than the F150, like put it into the E350s and F250s, it is a good engine and could be completely manufactured here instead of three places and assembled in England. But again Ford is dragging their a** on having the Fiesta diesel here in the states (60mpg) and marketing the Transit as it should be.