Ford 6.0 Diesel

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
be very careful about buying the 6.0 lots of issues. I spent over 30k at repair shops in less than 1 year truck had 85k miles when I got it

high pressure oil pump 5k
head bolts bad need to replaced with studs not to bad
egr valves leak anti freeze back into cylinder this can be fixed for about $300 if it blows white smoke be very afraid BulletProofDiesel - Darn-Near Bullet Proof Diesel Products for your 6.0 and 6.4
injectors are crap run about $3000 twice a year
rearends are crap 5k twice a year

now this was on the f-350 dually pick-up never had a e-350 but a lot of lawsuits were filed against ford because of the 6.0 google it.

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
My experience with the 6.0 ford is quite different. I accumulated 200,000 miles on a van with very little problems at all. Lack of shielding caused the upper radiator hose to leak at about 5000 miles. But other than that, just regular maintenance with Mobil 1 oil.

Stay safe
KG

techaholic

Rookie Expediter
Those 6.0 motors are junk. Reputable shops won't even rebuild them cause they won't outlast the warranty period. Worst Diesel engine in history

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That is why they call them "6.NO". 7.3 was a great engine but the enviro whacks started tinkering and that is what they received. Old story "don't reinvent the wheel".

DRIVERDUDE

Seasoned Expediter
I had a E-350 6.0 litre. The turbo gave up with 103,000 miles on it. It had a 100K warranty on it. $4800. The new one made it another 168K then I got rid of it.