FOR THOSE WHO ARE LISTENERS

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter

[url]http://thebozo.com/[/url]

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I think I miss my mind the most!!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Wow - it sounds like he is history! We produce our radio show out of the same studio at 1111 St. Gregory in Cincinnati.

I hope this isn't some kind of cheap Art Bell stunt.:(

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
No stunt. I read about his forced "retirement" somewhere, might have been Land Line. There was a little biography on him, he was never an actual trucker but always a huge supporter for the industry.
-Weave-

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This was not a forced retirement.His doctor gave him papers for total disability.Then according to YODA (longtime friend on/off air)When the "suits" at clear channel were presented with the idea of the Boze being on a limited number of nights they cited that it would be too expensive.Anyway he had planned to retire a few ears ago.It became inpossible due to the high cost of medical ins after he retired.We will miss the BOZ.He has kept us awake/entertained/informed, for many years.

LUCKY FOR US...STEVE IS THERE TO PICK UP THE TORCH!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I liked listening to Steve better than Dale. I understand that with a radio talk show, sometimes you have to place limits on callers when they go "off track" of the subject. I thought the dynamite was funny but sometimes Dale was just plain rude to people. I really noticed this in the last 6 months, so I wonder if it had to do with his illness.
He has been a voice for the industry and will be missed.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Both Dale and Steve have had their good nights and their bad nights.On balance,they both offer informative,entertainment.I trust and hope Steve will continue to have the success that the Bozo built up over the years.
What about the new weekend guy?(Bubba Bo), he sounds like a HOOT.A real sense of humor.
Best of luck to both of these guys.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
It is a shame Bozo is gone. Even thought I was a young skull full of mush teenager I used to listen to him at nights. Partly dreaming of a trucking career, and just for the general quality of the show.

I listened faitfully until the last few years. The show (IMHO) changed and not in a good way. Most of it was beyond Dales control. The lost of Fatman, Little Brother, Possum breath...etc really took the show down. It used to be hillarious! I would listen just to see what would happen next. It was funnier, and more entertaining than any other show. (Bob and Tom included)

The days of garbage truck races at lake Bozo and the Fourth of July watermelon roasts (with White Trash as "Miss Pickle Park".) I used to cry with laughter.

But the last few years since Clear Channel bought WLW and made Bozo a National show it seems to become so generic. And when they lost their license to play music and it became a talk show I quit listening. I listen to talk radio nearly 20 hours a day. I wanted to hear something while driving in the middle of the night that would make me laugh and keep me awake. Not to a bunch of people whining about trucking issues, most of which they didn't have a clue what they were talking about. I could have went inside any truckstop and sat at the coffee counter and gotten that.

Since I am off the road now I don't get a chance to listen to late night radio anymore. But I still mourn the Bozos demise because part of my childhood is now gone.