For the vanner ! Folding hammock.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Chef Dennis may find this of interest.

Why is that? His system seemed to work perfectly. I heard he is partnering up with John E and they are moving into production shortly which is the reason they are at the Expo. They are debating between 2 names for the company, Raccoon Eyes Inc or Lone Ranger Industries.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Honestly........Who could really get a good nights sleep in a "Hammock"??

There is only 1 position you can lay in in a Hammock.......and that is in a V position while on your back. Ever tried to lay in a V position on your side, or your stomach, while in a Hammock?? It just doesn't work.......

Hammocks are just one of those items that's all "Cutesy" and stuff. Sure...you wanna lay there and read a book for an hour too, or stare at the sky for a while.....Hammocks are great. You need to get a good 6-8 hours sleep to function like a normal human being......Hammocks are worthless for that.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Dont forget about the "totally exhausted" factor. Your right, its not the optimum solution for quality rest, but MIGHT be a good solution for someone that doesnt have a bunk, and needs a short cat nap. I know after 11 hours of night driving..my bumpy bunk feels like ambrosia.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
According to my eldest son, there are other things that are difficult in a hammock, especially at 0300 and with alcohol consumption that went slightly beyond moderate. Did make for an entertaining story though...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Honestly........Who could really get a good nights sleep in a "Hammock"?

I agree with Brisco. I'm a hammock guy, yet I have never slept a whole night in a hammock. Hammocks are great for napping, reading and just relaxing in. I have tested some high end, two person hammocks, that with a thin mattress pad or better yet 3 inches of memory foam would be make for a good 6 to 8 hours night sleep.

.Hammock-1.jpg

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree with Brisco. I'm a hammock guy, yet I have never slept a whole night in a hammock. Hammocks are great for napping, reading and just relaxing in. I have tested some high end, two person hammocks, that with a thin mattress pad or better yet 3 inches of memory foam would be make for a good 6 to 8 hours night sleep.

.View attachment 5178

Your right they do make high end camping hammocks. Some long distance hikers swear by them because of the lightweight. In outdoor settings they also don't need level ground or smooth areas. They have other benefits when it comes to bugs and other vermon.

One of the most highly regarded brands are those made by Hennessy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums