For all you Pet Lovers out there...

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Now before I get the #&%$$% beat of out of me for posting this I must fess up I have an 11 year old cat I cannot stand but she loves me to no end. ( cat furr on my lap every return home) And I am also the owner of now my 2nd Pug first one lasted 15 year.

Just read the average life expentency of an outside Cat is 2-3 years indoors is 15 year. Dogs fair a little better 3-4 years outside vs 15 inside.

I am sick and tired of your danm dead animals on the side of the road. Keep em in or dont have any and get them fixed so I do not have to put my Tire Prints on there backs as I will not brake or dodge them as to prevent having an accident with another 4 wheeler.
(this happened last week to me) Poor dog running down the construciton of I-80 PA one lane over a bridge with a broken leg. Thank you responsible pet owner.

I do commend all of you drivers that love their pets and bring them with you. My Pug would love to meet all of you 24/7 this is why I could not bring her with me. The cat well I do not think traveling was ever on her list of things to accomplish.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It is amazing how many people just dump their animals.
Very sad and just plain irresponsible.

Davekc

vernon946

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Broompilot, that sounds like the high and low of it all. I admire you for admitting your onboard security system is a cat. Is there a special school for their training?

We travel with 3 dogs, and if you are parked anywhere within 100 yds of us, you'll surely meet our crew. I have to admit, they do a great job of getting us to stop and PeeTI the truck every couple hours.

I do agree about the lazy pet owners who let their pets run loose rather than being there with them. Every time we see a pet running loose on the highway, we're reminded about the couple we met in a rest area walking around with a leash, looking for their family pet. We didn't tell them we had seen the dog they described laying mangled in the weeds just before the rest ares. You really have to wonder about how some people think.

Vernon in C2197