Football!!!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Finally, the NFL kicked off preseason this past weekend, with the HOF game, and going full tilt this weekend.

Anyone who knows me knows I could care less about college ball. That is until this year. The Hawks have two first rounders next year, and I want to see what Sam Bradford (OK) and Colt McCoy (Tex) bring to the table. Sorry... I know for a fact the Hawks aren't taking Tebow... so I don't care bout the Gators. LOL

Anyways... I don't expect the Hawks to do anything spectacular this year, other than make the playoffs... and maybe the SB. ;)
I do see something big from the Titans and Ravens; as well as the Eagles and Skins (huge Zorn fan here).

Air it out! Let's hear the trash talk!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I didn't know you were a fan of the Seahawks. I figured you to be a Lions fan. Learn something new everyday.

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
The Motor City Kitties ought to be able to pull off 3 or 4 wins this year. For all of the talk about their new QB, he's still just a kid. Theirs crazy folks here talking playoffs. Who cares about the Lions anyway?

Go Pack Go

Cheesehead in exile.

Reactions: 1 person

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
The Motor City Kitties ought to be able to pull off 3 or 4 wins this year. For all of the talk about their new QB, he's still just a kid. Theirs crazy folks here talking playoffs. Who cares about the Lions anyway?

Go Pack Go

Cheesehead in exile.

Playoffs???? Lol Lol They Must Have Tickets to Watch from the Stands :D

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I bet the Lions wish they had Kitna back again; if nothing else, then teach Stafford. I doubt Culpepper has much to offer a rookie, since he was only good when Moss was on the team.

I would've rather seen them take a left tackle. Oh well.

I would say 4-12 or better, except for the fact that after going 0-16, the Lions are having a hard time attracting talent. Maybe they can grab Levi Jones, and take care of the problem that IS the O-line.

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
I'm just glad that Football is starting back up.

Hey TN Hawk---your guys are heading to Lambeau on 12/27.
Only thing I'll predict right now is that it'll be cold. I'll wait to see how the season starts out before talking any smack:D

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ditto!

I will tell you one HUGE difference with the Hawks between the last adventure at Lambeau and now... our D-line! Taking Cole from you guys, and Redding from the Lions, we have gotten MUCH bigger. And I don't care what you say about Redding being an underachiever... everyone has noticed him at the Hawks training camp as the monster he is. He had no support in Detroit. Now he does, and he tears it up!

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
My brothers and I are former Packer employees. The youngest one is an unemployed electrician and has 4 season tickets that are available for purchase for individual games. 2 are in the 4th row on the 40 yard line behind the Packer bench. I don't want them because after 30 years watching the game from the sidelines, I am content laying on the couch with a beer.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Go Pack Go Cheesehead in exile.

If you're a cheesehead in exile how do you think I feel all the way down here in south Arkansas? It seems like everyone down here is a Cowboys fan or whoever happened to win the Super Bowl last year fan. I hate people that ride the band wagon, other post. I'm a Packers fan, but I'll cheer for whoever is playing the Cowboys just because I hate the Cowboys.

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I'll jump on the Cowboys hate bandwagon. America's team--yeah right. I have been making it to one game a year for the last 5 or 6 years. I'm thinking about taking my oldest boy for his first Tundra trip.

Been a Packer fan before Favre, so I stuck with them through some bad seasons. Even if it's teams playing that I don't care about---there's still nothing like catching a good game.

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
I am also very excited about football season! Unlike Hawk, I LIVE for college football! My boyfriend's brother plays for Central Michigan, I will be in attendance for many games! I am going to the Lions game tomorrow, I am curious to see how they look.

Another good reason to look forward to football season is....in one month, pre season hockey starts!

Topcat

Seasoned Expediter
Eagle fan here.E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!! eagles!! The Vick signing had made a lot of talk here in Philly. Nobody is talking about the the game on Thursday.This will be the talk here for weeks to come.

Topcat

Seasoned Expediter
Click on 610wip.com and click on radio player to listen to what the fans are saying about the Vick signing.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Oh man! It was good to watch some football!!! :D

One down, three to go. Here's to nobody getting hurt in meaningless games!

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
95 degrees and muggy isn't what I'd call football weather, but it sure was nice to catch the game over the weekend.