food

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I was wondering if anyone knows where you can find the nutritional info for food at truckstop restaurants? I don't want to eat in them, but I am curious about the nutritional facts. Recently I looked up some restaurants and their info, and was totally shocked by the amounts of everything in the food! So, if you happened to run out of groceries and couldn't get by a store, I was wanting to find out how "healthy"...lol, their healthy choices are. I looked it up on the internet, and couldn't find anything at all. I think they're hiding it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Let common sense rule the day here...you gotta know whats heathy and whats not...do you really need a website for that?*LOL* are we THAT bored to ask this question??

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The food at the truck stops consists mainly of the 3 food groups: FAT, SALT and BULK!! Great stuff. Don't tell the food police, if they find out then the truck stops will not be able to serve anything!!! Layoutshooter

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Actually when it comes to restaurants, you can't just use commone sense. I'm not stupid and I know what's healthy and what's not, but you can't control what a restaurant puts in the food or how they cook it. I looked at one place and a meal with grilled chicken and vegetables had over 1,000 calories in it. I was pretty surprised. I'm just asking if anyone knows where to get the info for the truckstop restaurants in case I get in the situation of being where I can't get to a grocery store or Walmart.

It might be boring to some, but oh well, I enjoy taking care of my health.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
I think, by law, restaurants have to have this information available upon request.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually when it comes to restaurants, you can't just use commone sense. I'm not stupid and I know what's healthy and what's not, but you can't control what a restaurant puts in the food or how they cook it. I looked at one place and a meal with grilled chicken and vegetables had over 1,000 calories in it. I was pretty surprised. I'm just asking if anyone knows where to get the info for the truckstop restaurants in case I get in the situation of being where I can't get to a grocery store or Walmart.

It might be boring to some, but oh well, I enjoy taking care of my health.

Actually I was bored...IF we eat in the TS I usually just have the salad bar....cottage cheese, fruit, beets ....

pelgrn

Expert Expediter
I don't know of any,I've been saying for years if you had a small heathfood type resturant in or walking distance from a truckstop it would do well.I know there's alot tasty good for ya dishes out there,between the truckers and the 4 wheel traffic it would do well.However it would be pricey and would need to be near a medium to high income neighborhood to draw the the locals,and most trkstops can't aford the rent in there areas,so maybe put one in a oasis on the toll roads and see how they do,i would spend the extra for something healthy or at least a change of pace from the basic fast/trkstop/chain fare that's easy to find and has parking.Add to that the cost of fuel to drive off the interstate to find something healthy or different to eat,it all adds up to well i'll do what's easy and go to subway or whatevers closest.