Folding up the top bunk

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Just recently lost the driver in one of my trucks. He folded down the top bunk in the Freightliner FLD. Now I cannot seem to get it back up. Is there some clasp I am missing that releases it? This is a standard integrated sleeper.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, I certainly hope you find him in there soon. If he had folded the top bunk up, that'd be the place to look, but now I dunno. Good luck in finding him! :)

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Just recently lost the driver in one of my trucks. He folded down the top bunk in the Freightliner FLD. Now I cannot seem to get it back up. Is there some clasp I am missing that releases it? This is a standard integrated sleeper.

I'm thinking there is strap hanging from the front of the bunk that releases it. It's been a while, so I may be thinking of something else. If there's a strap there pull it. If it pulls back, follow it....it might be your driver on the other end?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Our Columbia top bunk has a round handle on the bottom of the top bunk that you turn to release the lock. It's right in the middle and about 6 inches wide.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Rocketman, you were correct. There is a strap that runs along the underside of the bunk that unlatches it. Thank you.