Folding Bunk Bed for Vans

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Excellent link. I can see some folks really having a interest in what they offer.
Thanks for sharing

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

targuard86

Expert Expediter
One of my drivers is installing one of these from Blazing Bill in a sprinter this weekend. Maybe he will tell us how it goes. It came with no instructions and no hardware and when I contacted the company they basically said.....oh, you need directions???

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
>One of my drivers is installing one of these from Blazing
>Bill in a sprinter this weekend. Maybe he will tell us how
>it goes. It came with no instructions and no hardware and
>when I contacted the company they basically said.....oh, you
>need directions???

over all bed is very well built. The wall mounts are 77 1/2" apart.
it will stand 17" off the floor. In trying to mount it into the sprinter van the wall suports are not spaced right for the installation. Will have to get additional brackets to mount it. thinking of metal 80" long to bolt the bed to, and rivet the metal plate to the wall.

And no there is not any instruction or hardware that comes with the bed. It will also convert to sofa with a back. (someplace to sit and read while waiting for your next load)

klippencott

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the feedback on it. I'm thinking of putting one in my Sprinter. The extra mounting supports on their website look pretty useless to me. I guess they would help in a travel trailer but not in vans like we have.

What color did you get?

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
>Thanks for the feedback on it. I'm thinking of putting one
>in my Sprinter.
The extra mounting supports on their website
>look pretty useless to me.
They will not bolt right up to sprinter walls.
I'm having metal plate made to fit along the walls. 6" wide, then bolt up the E track and the bed.
When it gets done I'll try and post pics for everyone.

I guess they would help in a
>travel trailer but not in vans like we have.
>
>What color did you get? We have the dark gray material.