Flying J, Management 101

broker

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for the heads up on the north FJ.
Still here and last night was a joke.
I never heard so many threats to one another by drivers.
Drivers parking everywhere and trucks playing bumper cars with each other (I am not kidding)
Kathy asked me back when we started why I park the truck half way back from the front of all the trucks. I told her I would shoiw her someday. Lastnight was the day.
Two drivers backed there trailers into the front of some pretty nice looking KW's as they tried to back into a stall.
More than once I have had a t/t driver thank me for having my truck further back than the rest.
sure makes it easy for them and less of a chance I'll get backed into.

You have no idea how much I appreciate the heads up on the classic car place.
I still have my 1969 Dodge Super Bee that I purcased new back in '69.
Now has a little over 50,000 original miles. Never drove in bad weather.
I'll go up there if it looks like we are here for another day.

By the way, all truck stops are packed down here, due to no loads. T/T or Expedite, we are all in the same boat.
BIG JOHN

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the heads up on the north FJ.
Still here and last night was a joke.
I never heard so many threats to one another by drivers.
Drivers parking everywhere and trucks playing bumper cars with each other (I am not kidding)
Kathy asked me back when we started why I park the truck half way back from the front of all the trucks. I told her I would shoiw her someday. Lastnight was the day.
Two drivers backed there trailers into the front of some pretty nice looking KW's as they tried to back into a stall.
More than once I have had a t/t driver thank me for having my truck further back than the rest.
sure makes it easy for them and less of a chance I'll get backed into.

You have no idea how much I appreciate the heads up on the classic car place.
I still have my 1969 Dodge Super Bee that I purcased new back in '69.
Now has a little over 50,000 original miles. Never drove in bad weather.
I'll go up there if it looks like we are here for another day.

By the way, all truck stops are packed down here, due to no loads. T/T or Expedite, we are all in the same boat.
BIG JOHN

Our Fleet Owner requests that we park even with the TTs and leave our parking lights on so we honor that request. We saw a flatbed heading for our front headlights at a good speed. I jumped in the seat and put it in reverse. He ended up going right where the front of our truck had been and never slowed down. When he stopped, he poked his head out and waved. He looked like Charles Manson on speed. Scary.

If you are a Mopar man, they have a 69 Cuda 383 over there for sale. I think the price tag exceeds 50K. Could buy a used truck for that.
The good Mexican place is south on the service road next to Momacitas and a little further down is a good ole Cracker Barrel with plenty of room for a straight truck.

broker

Seasoned Expediter
Police just pulled in. Another truck backed into.
Drivers, beware of this FJ, seems to happen much to often.
Stay out of the big truck lot.
Been parking in the front lot with no problems.
Heading out of here in the morning.
BIG JOHN

guido4475

Not a Member
i was in the flying j in indy week and a half ago, backed all the way into a space, in the sleeper watching rocky, and the truck moves a little. just thought it was a lizard checking things out, but then it moves more the second time. i jumped up to see the rear of a trailer backing into the side of my box. yelling on the cb and blowing the trian horns, he backs into me a third time, and then a forth before i was able to fly out of my parking space into the isle.he then backed into me again.what a night! can you believe the only thing that got damaged was the drivers side mirror assembly? it has a 1,500.00 estimate to it from sterling.the company has since then sent me a check already. i am surprised, and the $$ is in my account. now i am starting to understand why drivers pull into spaces instead of backing in, too many 2 week wonders out here, who dont get out and look!!! i want a cargo van, so i dont have to put up with this as much.