Flat Screen or LCD TV

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Now that the price of Flat Screen or LCD tvs are now below $250, how many of you are considering replacing your CRT style bulky TV in the sleeper with a Flat Screen or LCD tv?

Also just to throw this in, how many of you use a large flat screen monitor for your computer in your sleeper?

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
I have been considering it, but now that christmas is upon us, I will have to wait unless santa gets me one.

I really think I would enjoy the difference in it, just haven't really figured out how to mount it in the bunk, would really be nice to see the t.v. straight on instead of looking at it from an angle.

I really like the idea of using it as a external screen, hhhmmmm wireless keyboard and I will be set... Dang Greg I think you might be on to something.....

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Flat screen LCD works great on extension arm mount from Wal-Mart for 48.00. Also no need for DVD player if you plug your laptop in and use the TV as a monitor, and play DVD's on Laptop. Mine did not have good sound qualities but had a Great picture. Added a set of powered computer speakers with a sub woofer ($24.00 @Wal-Mart) and had Movie theater sound. I think I paid $178.00 for my LCD @ Bestbuy on sale. It is a Sanyo. Only weighed about 5 Lbs.

Dan

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
I have a magnavox TV screen that has a connecting port for the computer. So it is sorta flat screen but it has a little 4 inch stand on the bottom. SO if I get bored of playing online I can plug in my cable for TV or watch a DVD on the computer. I can use its speakers or use external ones. I am happy with it. Oh and we have 2 desktops to conect to the 2 Magnavox TV/computer screens.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I want to put one of the flip down ones under the top cabinets. It would bring the screen down to a much better level for viewing and I could use the space the tv is in now for another storage location.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.