FL series owners, got power door locks?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I am told that the FL50/60/70/80 (maybe M2) had an optional power door locks. I would like to add them to my truck for a couple reasons, one is security but I ran into a wall - part numbers.

I asked my sources who have not been able to come up with the part numbers due to changes taking place at FL, they gave me engineering drawings of my cab really useless electrical diagrams for the Argosy but no part numbers. I have been to a bunch of dealers who have not been able to pull the option up because of their stupid computer system (or operators on a couple occasions) needing a serial number, everything is serial number specific for them. Many have refused to look at the hard copy parts manual they have and the few who were willing to look could not find the manual.

So I am looking for someone who has that option so I can get the part numbers and illustrations of the assembly. If you do have this option, PM me.

I am by the way looking for a copy, in book form or in PDF form, of the parts book from the late 90’s for the FL series – if you have one PM me.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Greg I can't help you with the power door locks but one thing I know about freight liners at least the fl70's is you better keep an extra key in your pocket. The lock has a tendency of working it's way down a bit and you exit the truck, shut the door and your locked out, luckily if this happens and you don't have a key they are pretty easy to slim jim if you can get ahold of some steel banding material and a way to cut a notch in it.

Good Luck,
Fr8 Shaker

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Fr8 Shaker,
my problem is the opposite, the button is so hard to push down I usually lock the door with the key. I am going to take the door apart in April when I start rebuilding the sleeper.

And I learned my lesson of being locked out, I carry a spare key and have one hidden on the truck.