feedback on Panther2

penngarr

Expert Expediter
Hello all and Happy New Year,
I've read the good, the bad, and the ugly about Tri-State, now what about Panther2 ? Perhaps some drivers for Panther2 could give some insight to their experiences with Panther2. Thanks and have a great 2004!!!
penngarr

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Penngarr,

Thanks for your post.

I'm not sure asking for feedback is the best indicator of how one may do with a carrier.

For every driver who posts a positive reply - I can find another who would post a negative reply.

May I suggest that you ask more specific questions?

Determine what size of unit you want to run. Say for example you want to operate a straight truck. Give us some additional information such as where you’re based out of, you’re trucking experience and do you intend to run a team or run single.

Now a few questions I would ask are:

1. Total miles for the year
2. Loaded miles for the year
3. Average pay per mile
4. Total days out for the year
5. What truck model are they running
6. Are you running single or team

Ask these questions and you will get a more accurate answer on how a carrier is overall.

Thanks for your post and welcome to EO!

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
On the keyboard of life, always keep
one finger on the escape key.
http://www.expeditersonline.com/fastcomputer.gif
-----------------------------------------

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
So far, we have had pretty good luck with them. We are a team and run a D unit. Check the 101 post as I listed what they pay. Milage for a team is 3500 average. Remember that some months are higher and some might be lower. We run three weeks out and one week off. Also, Jan through Mar. are usually slow but the economy and hos issues might make this a different year. We don't run at all in Jan. or July, so I can't say anything on those months. Please make note that this is for a D truck only. Don't know as much on vans or TT. The TT drivers we have talked to, have been running pretty hard the last 6 months. I hope this helps. We have been involved with several companies over the years and to date we have made the most with Panther, and to date they have been accurate with their settlements and the averages they projected were less than we are actually doing. On the downside, I have heard some drivers in the past complain about too many trucks running. That could be the case with single drivers so someone else might offer something there. They do give a lot a short runs to someone just signing on, so be prepared to be patient with that kind of a system until about a month of running.

penngarr

Expert Expediter
Hi Lawrence!
Thank you for your response. I was vague in my question, however, I would like to hear both positive and negative about prospective companies. I've been in expediting 2 1/2 years, D-unit, team. Just thinking about making a change in the new year to another company and was interested opinions on Panther2. Thanks again, Penngarr

penngarr

Expert Expediter
Hi davekc,
Thanks for your response, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm sure there are drivers out there with good experiences with Panther2 as well as bad. I'd like to hear from other drivers. Have a great 2004!!! Penngarr

Professor

Expert Expediter
wELL HERE GOES MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT REPLING TO A POST, CURRENTLY I AM NOT DRIVING BECAUSE OF A ACCIDENT IN OHIO WHICH I WAS THE RECEIPTANT OF A GOOD JOLT IN THE REAR AND AND LOST ALOT INCLUDING MY DRIVING POSITION. I DROVE FOR PANTHER ll AND IN ABOUT THREE MONTHS I COVERED CLOSE TO 28,000 miles and I FIGURED ABOUT 15 PERCENT WAS DEAD HEAD. THE OVERALL COMPANY WAS FINE BUT BE CAREFUL OF THE DISPATCHERS THEY EXPECT TO MUCH OUT OF YOU IN A SHORT TIME BE CAREFUL OF THE ONES THAT CONSTANTLY ASK YOU TO DO THEM A FAVOR. BEWARE OF GREEKS BEARIN GIFTS

SAFE AND DONT DRIVE AMYFASTER THAN YOUR ANGEL CAN FLY:p

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That is a pretty accurate description. We have adopted a policy of "just say no" if they make too unreasonable of a request. Like all companies, some dispatchers are great, and some are too new to have a clue as to what is going on. Once you are with any company for awhile, you quickly learn who to turn to for trusting information ect. We keep a list of certain extentions just for this purpose.