Fedx

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
I'm looking at several different Companies to sign on with.Whats going on at Fedx for Sprinters Vans.I can't believe I never talked with one of there drivers.I've been with one company for a few years.I was hoping to retire with them but over the years thing have changed so much, they lost there interest in what it takes to provide for there driver.That open door seems to have been closed to all of us.If someone out there can give me with some insight into there operation.Like dispatch,miles per day,do that dispatch to the favor of the month club members,ect. I'm tired of the pie in the sky sales pitch,can a driver get miles and the respect we all deserve. If your one of these one liner comment persons,save your comments for your pals.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Read back over the last year or two of threads regarding FX. They have changed a lot over the last few years, not always for the best for drivers. You'll find a lot of answers there, far more than can be included in one post or even one thread.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
As a former fleet owner at FedEx Custom Critical. I will say you can't go wrong by talking to the biggest expedite carrier in the business. I have many friends that started out at Roberts Express now known as FedEx Custom Critical. Lawrence Mc cord who is the founder of Expediters Online started out with FedEx Custom Critical. I'm proud of my almost fourteen years of service with FedEx Custom Critical, as that is where I started my expediting career at in 1995. I know they have went to a flat rate for non White Glove units which I feel is a good thing. I don't know the rates for Sprinters, but I'm sure it's a fair rate. I know they are the only carrier to pay FSC on paid dead head miles. I only know Adam in recruiting and he works at the office in Green, Ohio. Give Adam a call as he is a great guy to work with.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
XPO pays deadhead and FSC on deadhead...but not adding any CV's, maybe a few sprinters will be added, but they are mainly adding straights and tractors.