FedEx works best when you want to work, res o300

Troadgirl

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
you have to work the loads and take them. don't sit back and complain about the world, work it. It's your life. FedEx is very fair if you take the loads and work your 8hr day.

Now everybody, get your butts out there and get working and stop being like a bunch of Mississippi trailer trash and get to work!

Xpediter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: FedEx works best when you want to work,

I agree with you on one thing:
They have the work.

But you have to put up with your business being "micro-managed" by a college student in Akron who works part time on Arlington St.

I run my own show. they are my own trucks. I make the payments.I go when I'm ready to go.

As far as the Mississsippi Trailer Trash........

I dated a young lady from MS who just happened to live in a trailer. She's was a babe.

X

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

I agree with you xpediter. Most insiders at Robert's would be guessing if they told you today is Monday. You're right toadgirl. You can probably move fairly decent if you want to keep running TPS freight for .90 a mile in a "D" unit. I guarantee you that Management isn't taking a cut in their pay! I've always said I'll run all the TPS they want when I know Jack, Joel, Virginia, etc. work for 30 per cent less this year than they did last year.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

One time I said to a dispatcher "How would like to come to work tommorrow,have your supervisor meet you at the door and say"Dispatcher today we want you to do the same exact job you did yesterday,but do it for 35% less pay. Oh maybe there might be some overtime next week",she laughed and said "I would probably go home for the day".So I said that is exactly what happens to us more and more frequently.You guys are loosing the good reliable experienced contractors and replacing them with immirgrants that speak very little english etc.Shee said "I know but our hands are tied""..

Troadgirl

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

The above guys are apparently the whiners out there that always whine. If they are currently working for FedEx or used to work for them, they certainly have my vote for why they are not working and making money. Such intelligent and thoughtful responses should be met with very little vocabulary. You guys are just whiners. Period. get with the program or get down the road to some really nice place like....CTX, that's where the whiners and no-workers go.

These are also the guys who live in a trailer; wishing they had some choice Mississippi trailer land.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Troadgirl We don!t whine,We have all been there for many years and have seen discounts go up and our income go down.Ten years ago you would have had less expenses and more revenue,just telling it the way it is..Our income is down but Corp revenue is up..

Troadgirl

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Then leave the buisness if you tink it is that bad.

The best advise i heard when it come to these types of dilemas is:

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Well I think I am going to get out of the way. I'm tired of getting 1 or 2 little loads a week. I came back home today after setting in Det. for 3 days and no offers. I will loook for another co. to drive for.

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Toadgirl either works inside or just started with Robert's as a contractor. Either way, she's in the minority!

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Troadgirl might be a insider,I bet she came from Mississippi from a 2nd hand trailer park,she sure doesn!t like females from MS.I agree with the X man,when management takes the pay cut,I will take the pay cut.They want us to have expensive trucks,sit around for days ,than take a 12,000 lb d load for .90 per mile and usually have $10-20 worth of tolls involved..

Troadgirl

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
keep whining, I'll keep running the loads

all those guys from the previous message are just not really into working. They would much rather spend time whining on this forum instead of taking the loads and making money. They will be the ones sitting on the porch of their mother inlaws porch (on the front of the trailer in Mississippi, or kentucky or Arkansas) and telling would'a , should'a , could'a stories.....oh by now, I have a load to take 600 miles gotta go..
TRG

Xpediter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: keep whining, I'll keep running the loads

Toad Girl,

Take a chill pill. Why are you getting so hot under the collar? You need to sit back and look and the whole picture. We're not "anti-company" we're "pro-make-a-buck". It's that simple.

Lemonade anyone? ;-)

X

mustang

Expert Expediter
been with roberts/fedex since 1994 and recently went into a b unit. how r you making that kind of money? i take every run and layover and im having a problem getting runs!!! every time i layover anywhere i end up sitting for 2 to 3 days. either you r not completly honest or i am doing something very wrong...not complaining, just looking for productive suggestions...have any?

TRUCKNMAMA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don't complain. I do take .90 runs if its going to put me in better center. I refuse my share of loads, and I'm getting by. Its just the slow season.

Troadgirl

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That's the spirit trucknmama. Just what I've been telling those guys. However, if they are the ones that invested 85,000 in a D unit or had to have that 150,000 dollar E unit, then they are going to hurt. single in those units is not the way to go.

I love those runs to Michael Jackson's house at neverland, those runs to Seattle, and the short hops from chrysler to chrysler, or Delphi to GM.
It all adds up. As before, i run leagal 8 to 10 hours a day and make very fine money. Two times more than I made using my degree in business from UofM and working for a big three manufacturer in dealer marketing.

The go getters get it it all. by the way, i run my B unit like it's a C and get paid for it.

Troadgirl

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just finished my 600 miler, now ready for a little rest. Maybe tomorrow I'll take that 2300 miler that needs to be there monday morn.
Oh I see more news on the wire.
Got to go; will let the rest of you get in some words, since there seems to be a lot of big rig trailer trash that is sitting on their butt.
Oh my....a new route came in...gotta go and get those miles. See Ya
TRG

mustang

Expert Expediter
now i know troadgirl is either less than honest or an insider. you run your b unit like a c unit at fedex and get paid for it??? you think you can pick-up a 2300 miler on thursday for monday delivery??? less than honest or insider...which is it?