FedEx Supply Chain closing doors?

truckerbse2

Expert Expediter
OK all, I heard something this morning that really has my mind going. Has anyone heard anything about FedEx Supply Chain closing their doors and their contractors being out of a job? I heard this from a Supply Chain driver this morning. Is he just jerking my chain?

Deville

Not a Member
Would not surprise me if they down size......they have lost a ton of automotive work & the refer work has slowed down as well.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I think he is yanking your chain. I heard that month ago when I talked to a couple FedEx SC drivers. I think that a few don't want the competition.

Fedex2238d

Seasoned Expediter
Hello, Well id like to put my 3 cents in on the discussion. I know for a Fact that we at FED EX supply Chain Serv Have more freight then we can handle at the DFW Dock, So it sounds like someones pulling your Chains. I also know the Chicago Area is as busy as us also. Michael Huyck 2238D 713-816-7481

ChuckWVP

Expert Expediter
The same goes for the Atlanta crossdock...very busy. We've also gained some new customers lately, so I don't know what that driver's info is based on...first I've heard anything like that. Seems to be plenty of freight, at least in the pharmaceutical side of things, and it has been that way for months.

truckerbse2

Expert Expediter
Thanks all for your input. I think too I was told a truck driver story. There have been a couple of oddities come to my attention in the last 24 hours, but I will wait and see what happens in the next week or 2 before I jump to anymore conclusions on the matter.