FedEx Custom Critical to start posting loads on the Sylectus

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Was an email to Sylectus subscribers. Here's body of email. I'm sure it will get public SOON!!!

Sent on behalf of Sean Witmer, Manager, Carrier Management, FedEx Custom Critical.

For several years, FedEx Custom Critical has been a part of the Sylectus community. We are excited to inform you that we have increased our relationship with Sylectus to the External Virtual Fleet (EVF) level. Effective on 7/22/2013, our available loads will be posted on the Sylectus Posted Loads screen to the Sylectus carriers qualified with FedEx Custom Critical. We have heard from a good number of our carriers that the use of a technology like Sylectus would make it easier to do business with u s. Though initially there will not be direct integration with Sylectus for direct acceptance of loads and status updates, we are pursuing these items as well as posting our available equipment so stay tuned for updates.

For those of you not currently qualified as a carrier with FedEx Custom Critical, we specialize in exclusive-use, same-day shipping and overnight delivery of critical freight and we are interested in aligning with carriers who share our objective of providing customers with exceptional levels of service. We do have a few preliminary requirements including:
· MC# must be in service a minimum of one (1) year
· Minimum fleet size of ten (10) units
· &nb sp; Ability to provide updates and communication 24/7
· Minimum insurance requirements include:
o $1,000,000.00 in General Liability
o $1,000,000.00 in Auto Liability
o $100,000.00 in Cargo Coverage
o $100,000.00 in Workers’ Compensation
If you are interested in qualifying as a partner carrier with FedEx Custom Critical and your company meets the above requirements we encourage you to contact us about completing the qualification process and gaining access to our available loads. Please email john.suich@fedex .com to initiate the qualification process.

We continually strive to be a customer of choice for the carriers that do business with us and we are looking forward to providing Sylectus subscribers easier access to the business we have to offer.

Sean Witmer
Manager, Carrier Management
FedEx Custom Critical
Phone: 234-310-4014
sean.witmer@fed ex.com

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thank you.

Looks like rates will continue to drop. How grand is that? I guess that quality service is not NEARLY as important as it used to be.

Just another reason to question.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually Joe... It's more the loads they can't cover... To get even cheaper bids to run them.... Which is bad for me and Load1....

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
It's all supply and demand, anyway, isn't it? We don't like it but doesn't the market determine overall rates?

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Touché. I get it now. These aren't new loads to Sylectus. These are just loads that will be blasted out at bid/market rates instead of contracted or carrier rates. Am I less muddy-visioned now? Don't forget the small carrier disqualifier in that email. "At least 10 trucks". That knocks some of the bid wh0res out.
Also the $1M Gen Liab and the BWC will too.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It's all supply and demand, anyway, isn't it? We don't like it but doesn't the market determine overall rates?

The question is what part of the industry the supply and demand is changing in. We have to many companies and brokers but the same amount of drivers, rates go down even though the supply of drivers remains the same. Just a few days ago when I was in WI I couldn't find a load paying $2/mile unless it was going to some black hole like Laredo. There were far more loads than drivers and loads just sat there because brokers are bidding rates down to $1.60-1.75/mile because they don't know what they are doing. We had our free market taken from the industry with all the garbage coming from DC.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually Joe... It's more the loads they can't cover... To get even cheaper bids to run them.... Which is bad for me and Load1....

Its about time You share sum of those Gravy Loads with me. ...:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Touché. I get it now. These aren't new loads to Sylectus. These are just loads that will be blasted out at bid/market rates instead of contracted or carrier rates. Am I less muddy-visioned now? Don't forget the small carrier disqualifier in that email. "At least 10 trucks". That knocks some of the bid wh0res out.
Also the $1M Gen Liab and the BWC will too.

Hopefully it'll keep some of the slumlords out of the market.,, the market ain't getting bigger Paul , just spread out even thinner!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
The question is what part of the industry the supply and demand is changing in. We have to many companies and brokers but the same amount of drivers, rates go down even though the supply of drivers remains the same. Just a few days ago when I was in WI I couldn't find a load paying $2/mile unless it was going to some black hole like Laredo. There were far more loads than drivers and loads just sat there because brokers are bidding rates down to $1.60-1.75/mile because they don't know what they are doing. We had our free market taken from the industry with all the garbage coming from DC.

I don't follow that same logic that makes that drop rates. But I have an open mind if you want to "break it down" for me.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I don't follow that same logic that makes that drop rates. But I have an open mind if you want to "break it down" for me.

Let's say there are 100 companies/brokers, 500 drivers, and 750 loads to have a rate of $1/mile. Then it changes to 150 companies/brokers, 500 drivers, and 750 loads but the rate drops to .75/mile because of the extra bidders. The actual supply and demand hasn't changed for the drivers, loads, or capacity which is the most important part of the equation.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

ATeam

Retired Expediter
For several years, FedEx Custom Critical has been a part of the Sylectus community. We are excited to inform you that we have increased our relationship with Sylectus to the External Virtual Fleet (EVF) level. Effective on 7/22/2013, our available loads will be posted on the Sylectus Posted Loads screen to the Sylectus carriers qualified with FedEx Custom Critical. We have heard from a good number of our carriers that the use of a technology like Sylectus would make it easier to do business with u s. Though initially there will not be direct integration with Sylectus for direct acceptance of loads and status updates, we are pursuing these items as well as posting our available equipment so stay tuned for updates.

FedEx Custom Critical has been around for a long time. Sylectus has been around for a long time too. As the FDCC email message indicates, the two have been doing business at a particular level for some time. That is not news.

Now FDCC is deepening its relationship with Sylectus, even to the point of working toward "direct acceptance of loads and status updates." That is news.

There are people here on the Open Forum who understand the Sylectus system far better than I do, but as I understand it, "direct acceptance" would mean that Sylectus carriers and FDCC could see each other's trucks and loads with the Sylectus software and dispatchers at all carriers working at that level in the network could book trucks and loads directly (that is the trucks and loads each carrier posts on the network).

In other words, a dispatcher in the office of a "no-name" carrier that has s fleet of 20 trucks and a small office in Iowa, could see FDCC loads in real time and instantly dispatch (with a single mouse click, as is done in the Sylectus system) one of their 20 trucks on a FDCC load that looks good to that dispatcher. The same holds true for the better known names in the Sylectus network like Load 1 and Bolt, for example.

It works the other way around too. A someone sitting at the FedEx Custom Critical office could see all posted loads and trucks from all other Sylectus-networked carriers in real time and dispatch them in a similar manner.

If I was a FedEx Custom Critical contractor, the questions that would be foremost on my mind would be, why is FedEx Custom Critical doing this? What has changed in the industry or with FedEx Custom Critical to prompt this game-changing move?

At the personal level, I'd be asking, in what ways can this be expected to work for me and/or against me?

Last edited:

8secondbull

Rookie Expediter
If I was a FedEx Custom Critical contractor, the questions that would be foremost on my mind would be, why is FedEx Custom Critical doing this? What has changed in the industry or with FedEx Custom Critical to prompt this game-changing move?

At the personal level, I'd be asking, in what ways can this be expected to work for me and/or against me?

I have a hard time seeing any positive points on this. Currently I am seeing decent freight rates when, #1 no other truck is in the area or #2 no other truck is willing to take the freight at the obscenely low rates that the freight comes out for.