FedEx Custom Critical goes Red

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I guess the color change reflects what we can expect in the future. RUNNING IN THE RED!:mad:

Running in the red

Red flag

Red faced

Seeing red

I don't want to get into the details but found it interesting to do a quick Google search on the meaning and psychology of the color red. After reading it, I would have stayed with the color blue if the choice had been mine.

When we had our custom truck built, I asked FedEx if we could have a custom logo too -- done in green and gold as a salute to the Green Bay Packers. They said no.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
As far as the ameriscan goes about our calibration test are concern, yes we only have to do them once a year now. And of course you were right since they are paying for it that is what is needed now. But when the contractors were paying for it all of those years we had to do them twice a year. Same as anything else goes with our cost verses their cost if they pay we do it less times but if we do it then we do as they say.

As far as reading in between the lines goes. Ya need to read them because what is coming down the pipe is FLAT RATES for all divisions of custom critical.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
This is from the weekly fleet bulletin, Feb. 11, 2011.

First and foremost, FedEx Custom Critical will pay the fees to have your old logos removed and new logos installed. This part of the rebranding process will likely begin in June.

Second, we will have new apparel reflecting the new logo. As part of the rebranding, we will send a new hat and shirt to owners for everyone in the fleet. It takes some time to create apparel with a new logo, so these will likely not be available until sometime this summer.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Kinda funney I herd some Straight truck drives talking about this new color thing for our clothing and the new Signs ect.
Then the same people said that their owners were leaning toward going to Panther for their new Bounes system.
Traitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The FedEx Custom Critical red logo seems to be coming into use. It is now used on the 5 Star Carriers list on the EO home page.

Notice too that when you click that link, ads for both FedEx Custom Critical and FedEx Ground appear. FDCC is getting less and less exclusive as time marches on.

That's not a complaint, just a fact to get used to. As I write this, Diane and I are on a 2,400 mile run that pays $2.55 all miles. Since Monday, March 14, we have been running without interruption and have a grand total of six true deadhead miles (meaning we ran on our own dime instead of running loaded or running from a delivery to a pick-up).

At that rate, I don't care what color they put on our truck. It's the freight and rates that matter most and right now we are feeling the love!

FDCC_red.jpg

Last edited:

TeamCozumel

Seasoned Expediter
The new trucks do not pay for signage and they get less of a percentage of the load then we do. This has been going on for over a year that FCC pays for the signs and you get 1/2 a percent less.

We purchased a truck that already had signage and they would not pay the 1/2 percent. We were told that program was no longer in effect. It would be interesting to know if owner/operators continue to enjoy that bonus. We're thinking of opting out of the signs all together. Are they mandatory? I think I read somewhere they might be but I'm too lazy to look.

TeamCozumel

Seasoned Expediter
Frankly the color change is welcome news for myself. I go back and forth with the color but I've always felt the blue was not a good fit unless we were parked in a FedEx Office location. Then it felt like we were delivering for Kinkos.

It's also still somewhat annoying to pull into a heavy weight FedEx ramp and feel very much out of place.

I liked Phil's idea of the gold but not with Packer colors. I just think gold suggests quality and care. I think if there's a message FedEx wants to send to customers it's that their cargo is going to be treated like gold.

But then you just become a target for crime. If I was going into the crime business I would certainly bet that gold label FedEx Custom Critical trucks are going to be hauling some very lucrative loads.

We can wax eloquent on this issue from now till we get to the end of the highway but in the final analysis Fred is probably right. Customers are probably color blind. I'm just happy they won't see blue after June.