FEDEX CC New Dispatch Crap

winemaker3279

Expert Expediter
I have learned one big piece of info on this site. It never entered my mind that management and dispatchers owned trucks. Now that I have learned this, it makes all the sense in the world to me. Why not own the trucks? They are the people who first see the loads that are available. In the capitolistic society we live in, you can't hold them at fault. I have been doing my research as well into this field. I have met with a couple of companies who have made everything sound tops. I, knowing how to read through B/S, come up with my own conclusions. One of my favorite questions I now ask these companies is, "Does your management and/or dispatchers own any trucks that are leased on here?" Want to talk about squirming? You would think a live eel was in their pants!!! LOL

The best defense is a good offense...thank GOD I'm offensive!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
As we - a newbie team - researched the industry and selected a fleet owner and carrier to drive for, the inside contractor issue was important to us as well. We found that some companies allow the practice and others prohibit it. We specifically avoided the companies where it was allowed.

Are you listening, recruiters?

The appearance of impropriety was the reason we steered clear. With other choices available, there was no reason or need to place ourselves in a situation where, when times get tough, the well-meaning statements that all drivers are treated equal are likely to be tested.

It would be interesting to see an article written about this topic. Someone should do a proper survey of the top-10 expediting companies and interviews of company officials airing their views on the inside contractor issues. Such a piece would be of great interest to company personnel, contractors, and drivers. It may even help some companies see the light and reform their practices.

bumpkinlane90

Expert Expediter
you know, im constantly amazed at the amount of complaining by the dvrs of fdcc!!. Why do you work there is all you ever have to talk about is how horrible they are? Go somewhere else. I know for a fact that you make more money, get directions, have reward programs and alot of other things that are not offered elsewhere, yet you complain constantly!!. I have read so many comments from dvrs on here about how they didnt appreciate being treated like babies by having fdcc tell them where to layover and how other trucking companies allowed their dvrs to go anywhere, so now you have that option, and yet, your still not satisfied!! I dont care one way or the other, but if i get to the point where im that unhappy, im leaving. there are alot of other fish in the sea so to speak. Dave, ive heard dispatchers talk about you and some good some bad. but you seem to know your business cause i hear your always moving so something must be working for you. remember, no company is perfect, but what is the harm in them trying to help out the drivers by adding the computerized feature?? so its not totally up and working, let the cc's know whats wrong so they can add that to the vru and you can get the info you need. But stop trying to blame the dispatchers for not wanting to give that info and put their jobs in jeopardy. I would'nt give it either if it meant my job, especially when we have access to it on the vru. It's not like they left us with no means of information at all!.The problem i see is, now there is noone to blame if you pick a :censoredsign:ty express center but ourselves. So i guess we had better know our business and where the frt is coming out of so we can make some money. Thats my only comment. And by the way, you dont have to be a kiss ##### to get loads all the time. but you damn sure shouldnt call up acting like an ##### cause just like we remember dispatchers, they remember us!!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
ATeam! Where in my reply to you and gambler did I say that FCC management or employees ran their own trucks? You must be confused again! If you would have followed the WHOLE thread as the rest of us did, and once again knew the lingo, you would understand what he was saying. His statement “it is done very cleverly” should have been your RED FLAG. Or is it! your playing your leftist activist word games again to spin this to suit your wants? FCC does not own trucks per-say and hire drivers to run loads. I said (once again as not to confuse you) that gambler meant (read between the lines) in his statement that the employees of FCC owned trucks as private individuals and hired drivers to run the best of the best loads, (So what if they do) and that was why others didn’t get the better trips. But! He has no proof of this or he wouldn’t be spreading all these CB, or truck stop rumors on here. He would be doing something about it. But he has trucks on with them and is doing okay, so why it the boat!!! Like they won’t find out who he is on this forum, and possibly revoke his lease.

You know! For someone that doesn’t have a CDL, or has never even been behind the wheel of a truck yet, or has never even delivered one load as of yet, you sure do ACT like you wrote the book. Are you now an expediter activist too? Fed-Ex Express, (not FCC,) owns trucks and hires drivers to pick up and deliver packages. As I told gambler, prove to all of us that FCC (Fed-ex Custom critical) owns trucks and hires drivers to deliver JIT (just in time) freight. Surely a person of your magnitude has the connections it takes to find out.

In your last reply here you stated “As we - a newbie team - researched the industry and selected a fleet owner and carrier to drive for, the inside contractor issue was important to us as well. We found that some companies allow the practice and others prohibit it. We specifically avoided the companies where it was allowed. Are you listening, recruiters?” Do you think they care about you? You don’t even have a CDL!! Then you went on and gave a reason as to why you wouldn’t work for a company that had their own trucks. In the reply or 2 above that you bagged for someone to direct you to, and Well! Here is your quote “Nevertheless, the idea of driving a FedEx Custom Critical-owned truck as a FedEx employee is an intriguing one. If there are any drivers out there now doing so, please let us know how you got your job and how it's going for you.” ARE YOU CONFUSED AGAIN MR. ACTIVIST?

Taz

Expert Expediter
Let me start by saying I am new to this board and have been lurking for sometime because I am possibly considering expediting as a career at somepoint. I do not pretend to be able to tell any of you anything about the expediting business because i have zero experience. I can offer you this . I am currently a Federal Express employee and have been for 3 years. I am classified as courier/driver. I drive a Freightliner FL70 24' straight truck from Duluth Mn to Hibbing Mn approx. 70 miles everyday. Once i arrive there I jump in a Freightliner 700 model and do a pick up route. I return to the Hibbing depot and upload all the freight that has come in from the other couriers onto the straight truck and return to Duluth where it is uploaded onto a 727 and flown to Memphis.
I am an hourly payed employee. All of our trucks are owned by Federal Express Corp. I have never heard of anything remotely indicating Fed Ex Custom Critical trucks being used to carry any Federal Express freight. Federal Express recently purchased American Freightways and is in the process of rebranding them Fed Ex Freight. This company is still different than the original Fed Ex Freight. Confused? It gets even more incestuous. Federal Express also recently purchased RPS a rival courier company. They are now Fed Ex Ground. These are not Federal Express employees these are independent contractors who are owner operators. The biggest problem Federal Express is facing is making the o/o Fed Ex companys (Ground and CC) perform at the service levels that Federal Express has made it's reputation on. Federal Express cannot maintain control of an owner operator the way they can an employee. Federal Express will not make the o/o of Ground or CC employees because this would open them up to be unionized like UPS. At this point we cannot unionize due to some legislative act and that we are considered air freight and not a trucking company. It is a confusing mess and not one i throughly understand myself. Bottom line is Federal Express has hurt their reputation with the customer due more so to Fed Ex Ground having a very low customer satisfaction and service level. The customer does not distinguish all the different divisions. all they know is it says Fed Ex on the side of the truck. Bottom line is if Fed Ex CC has some under the table things going on with upper management of Fed Ex division owning trucks and having some sort of ability to cherry pick runs I certainly have heard nothing of it. That is not to say it is not happening.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I don't see what the big deal is. I have used the new option# 4 several times now and I love it.

I don't know about you but I get tired of deadheading to some wacko layover their computer picks for me. If I deliver in St. Louis I want to layover in St. Louis. Instead of Nashville or Tulsa.

When I have used option #4 I have gotten good loads out of the e/c I picked. If you been doing this anytime at all you know which centers the freight comes from.

I swear, some people would bawl if you hung them with a new rope! For years I have heard people whine and cry about the layovers picked for them by Roberts. Now you have the ability to do your own thing and you whine about it.x(

I plan on using this new tool to my advantage.

Bill

G

Your Right, there are some Agent that don't like me. but they respect me just as i do to them. They Don't have to like me and i Don't have to like them. but we work together as a team. Yes Some of the Agent's will tell you i'm a bone head at time's and i can be a rude person at time's. but you get what you give. And As far As FedEX Custom Critical higher up having truckS on with FedEX CC. if you find one driver that drive for someone that works at FEDEX i will give you a $1000.00 for each Driver you Find. But you Won't find any. I live in Akron,Ohio all my life, they try having Company driver's to do the load that nobody would take but it cost them to much money. So if you find a driver that works for FEDEX Custome Critcal I will give you the money. And they can be veriflied with the safty Dept at FEDEX.

I know you don't have to listen to me, and you do what you want but just ask the people at fedex how i run. I don't stay out for a month i go out 13days and then back home sat sun monday and then go in service on monday at 12 noon and then goo out and do it all over again. it's worked for me for 8 yrs now. you can Call my CC at FedEX and he will tell you i'm not a BS'er. his name is Kevin MCnutt. well folks have fun and drive safe but, if you don't like FEDEX CC good leave that means more freight for the one that do like FEDEX CC.

David Mayfield

Big Scooter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Good response, Vernon, and very similar to our approach, too. Worrying about the other guy only makes you frustrated, quick tempered, paranoid and gray-haired. Worrying about what a great trip you might have missed today can cause you to only anguish more tomorrow. A good fisherman becomes a great one only through patience. Patience comes with experience. Faith helps too.:7

RobZip

Expert Expediter
>ATeam! Where in my reply to you and gambler did I say that
>FCC management or employees ran their own trucks?
>His statement “it is done very cleverly” should have been your RED >FLAG. Or is
>it! your playing your leftist activist word games again to
>spin this to suit your wants?
>You know! For someone that doesn’t have a CDL, or has never
>even been behind the wheel of a truck yet, or has never even
>delivered one load as of yet, you sure do ACT like you wrote
>the book. Are you now an expediter activist too?

>
>In your last reply here you stated “As we - a newbie team -
>researched the industry and selected a fleet owner and
>carrier to drive for, the inside contractor issue was
>important to us as well. We found that some companies allow
>the practice and others prohibit it. We specifically avoided
>the companies where it was allowed. Are you listening,
>recruiters?” Do you think they care about you? You don’t
>even have a CDL!! Then you went on and gave a reason as to
>why you wouldn’t work for a company that had their own
>trucks.

Gentlemen welcome to the blathering, delusional world of one Jim Peters now expressing his feelings of granduer here as Ateam after quickly wearing out his welcome in misc.transport.trucking. After stating in that group that he would no longer have the time to post due to his upcoming CDL training, he sure seems to have found time to post here.

I personally don't care how much a person researches anything - grab the wheel and push the pedal or shut up. Wannabee.... Taking a line from above "We specifically avoided the companies where it was allowed. Are you listening, recruiters?”

Regardless of what Mr Peters thinks, there are a variety of reasons why a company may or may not have company trucks. But one thing you can be assured of - it suits their purposes, not yours. No they are not listening Mr Ego case. That line I quoted literally reeks of the self-centered, egotistical blathering that got most drivers in m.t.t quite turned off on offering any help or advice to the newbie. You simply can't advise someone who already thinks they know it all.

More on the m.t.t saga in the archives at:
http://www.google.com/groups?safe=i...ort.trucking&as_uauthors=Jim Peters&lr=&hl=en

gambler

Expert Expediter
>I have learned one big piece of info on this site. It never
>entered my mind that management and dispatchers owned
>trucks. Now that I have learned this, it makes all the
>sense in the world to me. Why not own the trucks? They are
>the people who first see the loads that are available. In
>the capitolistic society we live in, you can't hold them at
>fault. I have been doing my research as well into this
>field. I have met with a couple of companies who have made
>everything sound tops. I, knowing how to read through B/S,
>come up with my own conclusions. One of my favorite
>questions I now ask these companies is, "Does your
>management and/or dispatchers own any trucks that are leased
>on here?" Want to talk about squirming? You would think a
>live eel was in their pants!!! LOL
>
>
>The best defense is a good offense...thank GOD I'm
>offensive!!

sorry guys been out runnin to hard to get on the puter..so after catching up i will say this teacel i have no prob with you to have to antagonize you and i believe we agree on many things as with winemaker! let me state again for ateam...yes i have trks. with f.c.c. and they are doing well as anyone with them for yrs. should. and all is not bad there and i never said it was i merely said they are not perfect either. YES i know for sure that several highups and not so highups OWN THEIR OWN TRUCKS AND .HIRE DRIVERS!!..hence my use of the words "co.driver" for those who cant seem to freakin get it!! that was in response to someone elses statement so please dont be silly and believe it untrue 2 words ENRON /martha stewart etc etc these things happen and it's a big "secret" and i dont think you should hold your breath waiting for a driver to come forward or an "owner" in that position its like cutting your own throat! and it's quite possible that some of these "co." teams are not even aware that that is what they are!! as i said it is cleverly done.after all they know how us trashy truckdrivers have a way of detecting things. all i can say is i am POSITIVE of this let's say "from the horses mouth" however i am not about to lose my contracts over this!! so you can keep your $1000. "rewards" not worth the cost of my contracts (idiot)and as for me "using" f.c.c. lets not be silly they are building their reps. on our backs so who uses who?? and i believe you all know my thoughts on all the discounting! so i am neither an ##### kisser nor a hater! and as for f.c.c's "statement" about being 100% o/o they are not "legally" lying...don't you get that? the "co." doesnt own any of the trucks!! but several "employees" (near and far!) do!!

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i think about 92 to 96 they had company trucks they would hire them for 90 days or so to p/u extra loads they couldn't get cover
and they used rented trucks and a couple of years a o/o could go out and rent a truck or two for the summer that's all i know about it
as people instead owning truck's they could get fired for having truck
s just a folk tale that's been going around block for years

but love egl ran 328 yesterday and home most nights and got to go have a short run to do egl is
great should have coome to egl sooner they make sure you have something to do everyday if you show up for work