FedEx C and D Units

ds1450

Expert Expediter
I parked my C unit at the begining of May to see what I could find for work at home and see if business was ever going to pick up. My question is for single C and D unit drivers (sorry teams but I already know you guys kick *** all of the time)

Is it getting better?? What are you getting offered? I run New England to Baltimore and as far west as Pittsburgh and I am off by 30 - 40% in revenue compared to last year. Seems the meager FSC goes up a penny or 2 every couple of weeks but the rates are getting lower. I try and run an average of $1.65 for all miles (that now has gone up to $1.80) A mile is a mile whether I am loaded or not and my truck gets the same mileage. (Of course the mileage goes down after 2k on board) I run my share of the discounted freight in order to get to better load areas and of course to get through Jan and Feb. Funny, those 2 months are my best so far this year.

I have my truck up for sale as I am afraid that things are going to get worse before they get better, but until it sells, I'll still entertain load offers. Curious as to how the other single Fed Ex CC drivers are doing.

Have a nice holiday.

ds1450

Expert Expediter
It's kinda funny that when you ask how other trucks are doing... the responses seem to dry up... It's like nobody wants to say it's slow or give up any reason why they are doing well. anyway.. looking for a few replies.