Fed Ex Custom Critical Franchise

bulldog77

Seasoned Expediter
I have recently been spending some time trying to decide
whether or not to get into expediting, I know this is a bad time but I don't think it will stay like this forever.
I received some information lately from a franchise service that Fed Ex Custom Critical is now offering a franchise. From reading a lot of threads on this forum I did not know that is how one goes about joining this company. They claim to help you with fuel discounts, tolls, repairs and say they guarantee you customers. My question is has anyone heard of this franchise?
Thanks guys for your input.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
ROTFLMAO,And they guarantee you customers you say.:D

And help you with repairs to your truck? Too funny.

Last edited:

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Are you sure it's Custom Critical? Doesn't FedEx Home Delivery offer something like that?

RTOspeedwagn

Seasoned Expediter
This post reminded me of a few years back when a guy offered me a "job", buy a truck they spec'd and they would do the rest as far as getting me freight. The cost was about 20K to get in . The company was Roadway Package Express, (RPS), they lasted for a while, and were bought out by ???. Anybody know what happened to them?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
RPS was bought out by Fed Ex Ground
If you see a FedEx truck with orange and purple logo that is a company driver
Fed Ex Ground and Fed Ex Home Delivery are "independent contractors" notice I put the term independent contractors in quotes. As they are very strict and you might as well be an employee. Currently there is a Class Action suit over this.
I used to own a truck under Fed Ex Home Delivery
Custom Critical is quite different from what I hear.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Wow had to go look at the link:

FedEx5.jpg
We offer you the following tools to help your business succeed:
  • Discounts on fuel, tires, vehicles and more
  • Fuel surcharge program to help offset fuel costs
  • Toll assistance on loads in the US
  • Access to healthcare coverage
  • We provide you with customers
After looking at that site I believe the ad reflects what type of site it is. Interesting site.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Appears to be a repackaging of the FECC Independent Contractor opportunity. It is being marketed toward those people interested in owning their own business and searching franchise opportunities. A departure from marketing attempts that target drivers and the trucking community.
It is not exactly a franchise under the usual definition:

Franchise
commerce license to sell company's products: an agreement or license to sell a company's products exclusively in a particular area or to operate a business that carries that company's name

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Im very unhappy at this news. FECC shouldn't be adding trucks anyway because they don't have enough frieght to suport the trucks they have on now. I had to come out of pocket by two thousand last month. Which means the priviledge of having a fedex sign on my truck along with having not been home or out of service more than two days in six months I had to pay for.

It is iresponsible for FECC to be adding trucks. Or any other company for that matter. If you think the economy is going to turn around soon ill gladly sell you my truck. Which is set up currently for FECC.
This way you can become an expeditor without further diluting the frieght base.
70k and it still has eight months of warranty left

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I do not believe the fleet size at FCC is growing at all right now. How much more dead head do you want to see on loads? The customers are not going to pay to dead head us in to pick up a load they will call another carrier that has a truck close.

Last I heard the fleet was acually the smallest it has been in many years.

The industry is slow not just FCC.